Is talent born or created with hard work and practice

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's all relative.

looks itchy, uncle donks.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:28 am Knock yerselves out..
two of my cousins, both like chris de burgh and barry manilow.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:43 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:28 am Knock yerselves out..
two of my cousins, both like chris de burgh and barry manilow.
Ok I take it back, Frank was wrong; there is such thing as shitty music.

So 35 pages of talent-lacking people explaining what the talent is. Priceless. Only on forum places. Correct me did I miss some big talent here? Check twice - no nope...

And no, I don't have it but at least I don't act as if I understand what is it. I am a monkey anyway. But this is entertaining.

Like a group of people who can realize and grasp only a few words of the specific language syntax (pun intended) - are trying to speak and even explain that specific language to others. Very entertaining.

kmonkey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:04 pm So 35 pages of talent-lacking people explaining what the talent is. Priceless. Only on forum places. Correct me did I miss some big talent here? Check twice - no nope...
you need to check again.
voodoo u, was in the original bay city rollers lineup.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 pm
kmonkey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:04 pm So 35 pages of talent-lacking people explaining what the talent is. Priceless. Only on forum places. Correct me did I miss some big talent here? Check twice - no nope...
you need to check again.
What the f**k are you talking about dude? Why do you have to dis me like that?

@kmomkey - For the record, I was in Donnie Osmond's dance troop for the Finger Me tour so yeah, speak for yourself as one lacking talent.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 pm
you need to check again.
Those pants tho!

kmonkey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:04 pmAnd no, I don't have talent
But, as the talented rhymer Dirtgrain asked, Does your Mom believe you were born with talent?
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

And no, I don't have it but at least I don't act as if I understand what is it. I am a monkey anyway. But this is entertaining.

Like a group of people who can realize and grasp only a few words of the specific language syntax (pun intended) - are trying to speak and even explain that specific language to others. Very entertaining.
It sounds like you are trying to sound like the cliché of someone with talent who hates talentless critics.

It doesn't take talent to recognize quality (for more, read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for more on this). Jordan Rudess is not better at appreciating music than anybody else--not better than you, than me, than my mom, which reminds me . . .

You mention 35 pages, but if you had read them, then you would know that my mom says I'm talented, debunking some of what you wrote. Uninformed, dismissive drive-by posts are, like, whatever.

Ach, Michael L beat me to it. Rock on. Believe in my mom.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:40 am

It sounds like you are trying to sound like the cliché of someone with talent who hates talentless critics.

It doesn't take talent to recognize quality (for more, read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for more on this). Jordan Rudess is not better at appreciating music than anybody else--not better than you, than me, than my mom, which reminds me . . .

You mention 35 pages, but if you had read them, then you would know that my mom says I'm talented, debunking some of what you wrote. Uninformed, dismissive drive-by posts are, like, whatever.

Ach, Michael L beat me to it. Rock on. Believe in my mom.
i preferred zen and the art of magic roundabout maintenance.
although both are worth reading.

Now I wonder how the word for talent, in whatever language, was first used. Was it that a talented person busted out some creative stuff and then declared, "I am talented"? Or is it more likely that a talented person busted out some creative stuff and somebody else declared, "You're talented"?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:48 pm Now I wonder how the word for talent, in whatever language, was first used. Was it that a talented person busted out some creative stuff and then declared, "I am talented"? Or is it more likely that a talented person busted out some creative stuff and somebody else declared, "You're talented"?
someone started a talent agency, but no one knew what it was for.
eventually a jester asked for help, and so talent became synonymous with "the arts"

I think its generally rented, then returned and sent to the dry cleaner.

"Spare a talent for an old ex-leper"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”