MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Frankly IK instruments (exactly instruments, i mean not FX) definitely was not in my purchase list during black fridays, but damn i tried that Bass, was forced to buy it without doubts. Very good product.
And thanks for update.

About some future wishes - as usual for similar instruments type, nothing exotic: it's more sounds for one and the same note during the same velocity, or rather - more different noises\character variations during exactly attack\pinch phase, to more eliminate\mask the "machine" effect. Though can say the situation is quite good now, but it would be cool else more "life". Nothing more.

c_voltage wrote:Frankly IK instruments (exactly instruments, i mean not FX) definitely was not in my purchase list during black fridays, but damn i tried that Bass, was forced to buy it without doubts. Very good product.
And thanks for update.

About some future wishes - as usual for similar instruments type, nothing exotic: it's more sounds for one and the same note during the same velocity, or rather - more different noises\character variations during exactly attack\pinch phase, to more eliminate\mask the "machine" effect. Though can say the situation is quite good now, but it would be cool else more "life". Nothing more.
Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestion which I will share with the team.

We've also published a video for the update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kHb22fmI0

I own Trillian and don't think I'll buy this soon, it is on my long term list though. One thing I'd love to see is the arp from Syntronik added to this. Since the code exists already, it seems it would be fairly low hanging fruit. Forgive me if there is already an Arp, I haven't tried the demo. Trillian's arp comes in handy at times.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wow those 2 new basses look and sound fanastic from that demo.

I can hear electric guitars and what sounds like a Rhodes, in the mix.

Is the Rhodes also physically modeled?

I am pretty sure I can hear what will eventually be the MODO Guitars in that mix and if they are they sound fantastic! I can't wait for the guitars. Honestly, I hope they are on the table for a 2018 release...
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

That's a great update! I will have to get this at some point.

Mmm... new basses... 6-string options... MIDI remapping(!)... very nice... very nice...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I just opened up the update. Long awaited! I'm trying the Drop feature....how do I access the notes below Low B? I'm trying to play it on my controller, but the keyswitches don't move to make room for the new notes.

EDIT: Got it. The remaining keyswitches after enabling the drop feature need to be manually removed/moved.

This is AWESOME. The new metal bass is a Dingwall. I've LONG wanted something like this. This totally made my day.

I tried the demo on both my mac, a 2012 MBP and a 2010 MP both running Sierra. On both machines it doesn't launch. The standalone and AU crash on launch. I've opened a support ticket and asked for consideration if the problem isn't sovled before the sale ends. We shall see...

I had a no launch crash with the demo as well, so I took a peek at the permissions on /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/MODO Bass/. Looks like they were not set correctly for "everyone" and I had success in launching the demo by changing the permissions for "everyone" to "read only" on that particular folder.

cheers!
dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

plexuss wrote:I tried the demo on both my mac, a 2012 MBP and a 2010 MP both running Sierra. On both machines it doesn't launch. The standalone and AU crash on launch. I've opened a support ticket and asked for consideration if the problem isn't sovled before the sale ends. We shall see...
Yes permissions were the problem. Here's the specific instructions from IK

Code: Select all

Uninstall the 1.5 and then reboot and reinstall it and do this below.

Go to HD > Applications > Click on the Modo Bass and go to Edit > Get Info > click the Lock under Permissions. Now change all 3 to Read & Write and relock it.

Also do the same for these files.

HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > Components > Modo Bass.component
HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > VST3 > Modo Bass.vst3
HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > VST2 > Modo Bass.vst
HD > Library > Application Support > IK Multimedia > Modo Bass (folder)

If I buy MODO I will have to get a couple shirts from Glenn

https://spectremedia.ca/product-category/shirts/

Yes permissions were the problem. Here's the specific instructions from IK

Code: Select all
Uninstall the 1.5 and then reboot and reinstall it and do this below.

Go to HD > Applications > Click on the Modo Bass and go to Edit > Get Info > click the Lock under Permissions. Now change all 3 to Read & Write and relock it.

Also do the same for these files.

HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > Components > Modo Bass.component
HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > VST3 > Modo Bass.vst3
HD > Library > Audio > Plug ins > VST2 > Modo Bass.vst
HD > Library > Application Support > IK Multimedia > Modo Bass (folder)
Thank you much for posting this. I just sent a support request to IK but then I came to KVR because someone always knows how to fix things here at KVR. This worked for my crash problem too.

bought MODO in the sale for an absolute OK price, didn't have time to actually use it though. And now there's even an update, nice!

If I could have one wish for future updates (or version two) though, it would be the addition of an acoustic and an upright bass. That'd be awesome!

fese wrote: If I could have one wish for future updates (or version two) though, it would be the addition of an acoustic and an upright bass. That'd be awesome!
Nope. That should be a completely different product with bowed and plucked options as well as virtual mic placement. Let MODO Bass remain what it is, a virtual E-bass with direct pickup output for AMPs. It doesn't need synth or acoustic sounds.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”