MTurboReverb preset making action, let's make the ultimate reverb! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

Tagirijus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:20 am Hey people of CR - I did some testings the last days, finally ... while I really find this iLok Account thing ridiculous. My personal feedback so far: I absolutely cannot understand the hype with CR. To me it sounds rather flat in contrast to ValhallaRoom, which can sound really "roomy". Tbh: I only checked the non-pro version so far. Maybe more options in the pro version might alter the sound more. I am still not impressed by now, hehe.
I'll be interested to hear more; some of the features available in CRP are pretty crazy for depth, and for spatialization even allow for control of the speed of reverb dispersion across a given stereo/surround width/size, and which frequencies disperse how fast. And given the way folks talk about how the wet output merges with the dry signal (I'm thinking again this must be to do with the ERs), I'm surprised to hear you saying it sounds flat. But, not liking the way CR sounds compared to other reverbs is not unheard of. I've not yet started testing CR, so I wish I could 'compare notes'.

I think you'll find a lot more of the cool stuff in Pro.

I'm learning relatively steadily about reverb algo programming and I'm almost at a spot where I'll have multiple free days to run some tests, so CRP/MTR testing coming probably in 1-2 weeks now. I have to say, with MTR's IR>ER function, I just... I might be totally sold, done, out cold forever

I am not sure, if I'll test CPR, since I probably won't buy it anyway. I know that this might sound unfair in some kind of comparison thread, hehe. It's just my opinion anyway! (-;

Edit: Oh and I also look at the price. Paying double the price for some additional rather basic controls? At least that's how it looks to me - again: opinion here!
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:34 am I am not sure, if I'll test CPR, since I probably won't buy it anyway. I know that this might sound unfair in some kind of comparison thread, hehe. It's just my opinion anyway! (-;

Edit: Oh and I also look at the price. Paying double the price for some additional rather basic controls? At least that's how it looks to me - again: opinion here!
Hey, that's no problem. I'm in the same boat, it's going to take a really rocking experience to want to drop $200+ to replace Nimbus which as far as I've read is largely on the same playing field for most of all standard reverb useage anyway; barring any differences in their sonic characteristics, their feature set tends to part as you get to the pretty esoteric foley/film-centered stuff like the rate of the frequency-specific reflection dispersion across a given part of the stereo/surround field.

Now, I'm not sure if MTurboReverb can do that particular feature (given the "esotericity" of that feature, but also given the dummy-depth of MTR, I wouldn't be surprised either way), but I'm super into what MTR offers. It'll be nice to experience them both in their full glory, but at the moment I'm seeing a lot more of myself enjoying MTR over replacing / trying to find some justification to use both (???) CRP and Nimbus. But I'll do it for science. And because I've been curious for months.

Return to “Effects”