Fielding DSP "reviver" saturation plug is now 64 bits and only $29! Seriously! (MAC AU ONLY)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting info, Thanks!

I don't remember getting that email, hmmm... Maybe I'm not on their list.

Huge Reviver fan here - it is the humble, unassuming, unsung hero of harmonics.

I don't think it's that useful tbh.

SiliconDeath wrote:I don't think it's that useful tbh.
Thanks for your detailed and insightful comments. I think there's something there we can all take onboard and learn from. As soon as I get home tonight I'll check out what you've raised but in the meantime, thanks again and I look forward to more of your analytical and constructive reviews in the future.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
SiliconDeath wrote:I don't think it's that useful tbh.
Thanks for your detailed and insightful comments. I think there's something there we can all take onboard and learn from. As soon as I get home tonight I'll check out what you've raised but in the meantime, thanks again and I look forward to more of your analytical and constructive reviews in the future.
I'm not very good describing stuff. Also another user "somewhere" posted this https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=17 , and so I thought maybe there's not that much to it since his post didn't get refuted/rebuttal.

Does what it says on the tin:
reviverPD.PNG
2nd harmonic
3rd harmonic
Super clean with no noise or aliasing

Makes it a great option when you want some analog liveliness without the degrading accumulation of digital junk.

If it's super simple code... good - that probably helps to make it low of CPU and respectful to the original signal. Airwindows ToTape is 164kb! And it sounds great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does it affect the phase?

Belive it or not, this little fella , still gets used here and there in my projects..

Quite ubiquitous and efficient little plugin !

Just use an oversampled Chebyshev harmonic plugin. That is all this really is. Apshaper is a decently priced and nice option. There is also Aroma by Ploytec/ISM, or if you don't wish to pay a single penny and have something like Metaplugin on hand, you could use Christian Budde's good ol' Christortion, Chebyshev Waveshaper(the latter is f**ked though for me), or Airwindows Pafnuty

I never understood the hype or praise for this plugin. Especially not that ridiculous price when it first came on the market considering what it is :o
I

So, is this something that Melda's waveshaper could emulate?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:26 am So, is this something that Melda's waveshaper could emulate?
No, but MSaturator already does it with the "2nd, 3rd, 4th"etc harmonic options
I

Return to “Effects”