DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HcDoom wrote:How hard on cpu? :)
Up to you. You can go from about as low as an EQ plugin gets (IIR mode, no compensation - i.e. EQuality Digital mode), to "OMG I HAS TEN SECONDS OF LATENCY PRECISION ENGINEERING MONSTER". Whatever takes your fancy really.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Tp3 wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Did I miss the price quote ?

Will there be a discount for EQality/EQuick users ?
I read that it will not be twice as expensive as Equality and that people that already have EQuality and/or EQuick will have a big discount!

Correct me if I'm mistaken!
Twice as expensive as Equality ?! :-o (even talking in this ballpark can make one dizzy...)

Me still waits for official quote...
LESS THAN.
And a LOT less if you already own EQuality and/or EQuick.

Dave.

Dave, I'm worried that this is starting to sound like "EQ to rule them all." Our expectations are so high at the moment.

I hope it is, by the way :D
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Random fact: SSL4000G peaks actually climb in frequency as you increase the amount of boost (or cut).

Is that common knowledge?

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote:
softska wrote:I know it's somewhat a special case, but any chance it can run parallel w dry (ala ubk clariphonic)?
Yeah. Just stick it in Shelves+Peaks->Parallel.

Dave.
:love:

I will have to demo this one Dave. Is there anything that it will not have covered!?! So pretty excited about an equalizer which I would not usually find myself in such a position. Question is obviously rhetorical man

Cheers, All the best to yourself and all :)

Dean

DaveGamble wrote:Random fact: SSL4000G peaks actually climb in frequency as you increase the amount of boost (or cut).

Dave.
dunno if its common knowledge but it certainly had me listening hard my first few times on one (i'd been told to listen out for it). also the actual eq gain volumes aren't matched to the gain markings on them at all. they seem to have a slight exponential curve to them.

rhythmtechnologies wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:Random fact: SSL4000G peaks actually climb in frequency as you increase the amount of boost (or cut).

Dave.
dunno if its common knowledge but it certainly had me listening hard my first few times on one (i'd been told to listen out for it). also the actual eq gain volumes aren't matched to the gain markings on them at all. they seem to have a slight exponential curve to them.
I didn't know that, although I knew there was Q/gain interaction.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

schnapsglas wrote:
dunno if its a feature of all or a problem with that specific desk, as ive only worked on the one.

.. also it possibly may have been an aural halluncination based on the gain/Q interaction, now that i think about it! :D

Dave.
also the actual eq gain volumes aren't matched to the gain markings on them at all.
This is actually very common with any analogue processor. What you see on the markings very rarely bares any resemblance to what actually happens to the sound.

Take the manley massive passive. It's very weird. The EQ bands interact and the shapes and amount of gain don't seem to correlate at all to the printed markings.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

schnapsglas wrote:
dunno if its a feature of all or a problem with that specific desk, as ive only worked on the one.

.. also it possibly may have been an aural halluncination based on the gain/Q interaction, now that i think about it! :D
Nope. It's in the G series. It's what they do. There might have been a later Eco that fixed it, but I'm not aware of one.

Dave.

Dave.
"Slight exponential" is charitable. It's pretty damn wacky, and with effort you can squeeze a good 20dB out if it!

Dave.

tilt filter?

Totally loving/using EQuality/EQuick and Compassion and can't wait to start playing with EQuilibrium! You still think there will be a beta this week?

:wheee:
Analog Fusion - 99 Studio Electronics SE-3X presets
Analog Wonders - 100 Behringer Pro-800 presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Fred_Abstract wrote:tilt filter?
What about it?

1st order ultra-smooth shelf, with adjustable tilt frequency and variable gain amount.
You've seen before, or no?

Dave.

Return to “Effects”