Modelonia 2.0 finally released! And Modelonia LE Beat mag too

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Modelonia Modelonia Player

liqih wrote:Good, I hope you will enjoy it.
Yeah, no problem with the 64 bit version so far, works fine :)

Also neat that there is an info page included in it, that compares the LE to the full version, so users can see what is the difference between them.

Can Modelonia 2 Beat version users also upgrade to full version for $20 ?

I mean like v1.7 users can:
http://www.nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download.html

can we buy the digital version of the mag and still get modelonia le?

dusted william wrote:can we buy the digital version of the mag and still get modelonia le?
No, that is only on the DVD

Downloading demo, I years ago helped beta test the OSX version of MicroRock Pro and thought you nailed a couple elements of physical modeling better than the bigger players in the plug in game did, so I'm looking forward to this.

Numanoid wrote:Can Modelonia 2 Beat version users also upgrade to full version for $20 ?

I mean like v1.7 users can:
http://www.nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download.html
In my email from Payloadz the Modelonia 2.0 upgrade is for 1.7 users only.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

dusted william wrote:can we buy the digital version of the mag and still get modelonia le?
I think so now.

When i registered for the serials of the latest Beat Mag, I got delivered a link to download the latest version of Modelonia LE directly.

plexuss wrote: I added 235. just play the same soundcloud above, it's been updated.

If you use it, make sure to use this link:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/drone-modelonia
Dear plexuss and aMUSEd
finally I was able to update the
audio page of Modelonia and I started adding the links to your contributions and others.
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Modelon ... mples.html

More to do.....The page doesn't look very good right now, but the links should work

I've noticed 2.0.14 is now out - How do we download updates for our previous purchases ? (I currently have v2.0.12)

mcbpete wrote:I've noticed 2.0.14 is now out - How do we download updates for our previous purchases ? (I currently have v2.0.12)
I sent the update to all users the days after release,
but no worries I got your
e-mail as well, and sent you a new download

Thanks for that man - was meant to update my post to say you'd swiftly replied after I dropped you an email :)
Thanks again !

Can I bring this thread back to life to add to my appreciation for how awesome Modelonia is. I just got an EWI USB after some time away from having a wind controller (why did I ever sell my 4000s? Oh, why!) and of course now I'm dependent on softsynths, but wow. What a synth to find! I've been having fun feeding CC#2 into various parameters of various presents, got a wonderfully playable version of Accordion Trumpet going, but I can't save it because I haven't actually bought Modelonia yet - I'm still auditioning it on my current candidate live hardware setup, which is not yet complete. Looks promising though, and really astonishing value for how well it performs and the expressiveness that's really rather easy to access.

There was something else that was good fun putting CC#2 on both master gain and string pluck gain.

One question though - is there a way to see existing MIDI mappings of the current preset without having to inspect every single control by hand? I think there are some velocity bindings which are getting in my way because of the way the EWI maps velocity, and yes I could get the host to filter it out, but I'd rather get myself some pure breath controlled modified presets saved in the end so that's one less thing I have to do.

I assume I could search for something particular in the XML of the patch file if the GUI doesn't have such an option.

mathw wrote:Can I bring this thread back to life to add to my appreciation for how awesome Modelonia is. I just got an EWI USB after some time away from having a wind controller (why did I ever sell my 4000s? Oh, why!) and of course now I'm dependent on softsynths, but wow. What a synth to find! I've been having fun feeding CC#2 into various parameters of various presents, got a wonderfully playable version of Accordion Trumpet going, but I can't save it because I haven't actually bought Modelonia yet - I'm still auditioning it on my current candidate live hardware setup, which is not yet complete. Looks promising though, and really astonishing value for how well it performs and the expressiveness that's really rather easy to access.
Many thanks mathw for positive words. I'm happy your discovered it.
mathw wrote:There was something else that was good fun putting CC#2 on both master gain and string pluck gain.

One question though - is there a way to see existing MIDI mappings of the current preset without having to inspect every single control by hand?
Yes, crtl+click on any knob to bring up the MIDI page,
then on the top left you can see [all links],
click that and the MIDI map for the preset will display.
mathw wrote:I think there are some velocity bindings which are getting in my way because of the way the EWI maps velocity, and yes I could get the host to filter it out, but I'd rather get myself some pure breath controlled modified presets saved in the end so that's one less thing I have to do.

I assume I could search for something particular in the XML of the patch file if the GUI doesn't have such an option.
You can zero all velocity sensitivities, if that's what you mean, there are three VEL knobs where you can do that, in PICK, NOISE and LIPS.
Please feel free to ask more questions if you need, and I invite you to read also the Modelonia PDF manual.

I'm very happy for this new audio demo by the Modelonia user Taron,
http://dashsignature.com/mp3/synthesize ... _Lonia.mp3
[stream or right-click the link to download]
Very melodious!

Little more than one minute, all sounds from Modelonia 2.0.14, and great great lead sounds! Thanks Taron.

Ah, you're so, so very welcome! Modelonia is a complete pearl! There are a number of physical modeling synths out there, though too few in my opinion, however, Modelonia has a uniquely organic quality that just makes it a pleasure to play it. Designing the sounds is about as touchy as the best of them, haha, but somehow Modelonia dares to offer access beyond ordinary safety measures! 8) ...however, that's why it can sound the way it does and I'm loving it! :hug:

Return to “Instruments”