What's your go-to Master Limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Installed vladg's Limiter No6 last night and was quite impressed with it. I don't get why he would give this away for free, I'm sure he could charge at least as much as Tonebooster and Klanghelm and people would buy it.
I guess he's just a nice guy :) I must admit it's almost never made it on to any of my masters - although the clipper is handy sometimes. Also, apparently there's work on updating it in collab with the Tokyo Dawn Labs folks.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Bus Limiter or Mastering Limiter? For latter I haven't used anything other than DMG Limitless since it was released.

I got the bx_XL V2. So far it's a really great tool.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Bus Limiter or Mastering Limiter? For latter I haven't used anything other than DMG Limitless since it was released.
do you use something else for bus duties?

FabFilter Pro-L

I try not to use limiting in mixing but if I do it's Pro-L or Barricade. I'm thinking 'TrackLimit' might be worth a look in.

Limitless always on the mastering sesh. It is simply incredible.

no one mentioned u-he Presswerk ?

that should be everyone's go-to Drum/Bus/MS/Master-dynamic limiting thingy

Fabfilter Pro-L

Because reasons.

Codestation wrote:Fabfilter Pro-L

Because reasons.
Exactly.

Hooj wrote:
Hermetech Mastering wrote:Bus Limiter or Mastering Limiter? For latter I haven't used anything other than DMG Limitless since it was released.
Nope, generally prefer to take the Metro. :)

Nope, I haven't done much recording or mixing in the last five years or so, but if I had, I probably wouldn't have been using a limiter on individual tracks or buses. Prefer to get it right at source/mix.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
audington wrote:For years I used Toneboosters Barricade, absolutely the best limited I have ever used. Was using v3 happily for a long time, but the upgrade to v4 recently adding multichannel support up to 7.1 has blown everything else out of the water. TONEBOOSTERS FOR LIFE!
I've been messing with the Barricade v4 demo, and my unprofessional ears can't work out if it's £25 better than the free Limiter No6. Curse these subtleties... :dog:

I have just bought it today.
Even if the sound is only an par (and I did not say that) its much easier and quicker to dial in.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Hooj wrote:
Nope, generally prefer to take the Metro. :)
Ha-ha-ha... I walked right in to that! :tu: :hihi: :lol:

My most used limiter during mixing is Waves L1 - busses and tracks
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”