Surreal Machines Diffuse, hybrid delay/reverb (Free until June 8)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loaded the zip to virustotal.com and 0 of 52 scanners reported a virus.

EDIT: today 4 of 59 scanners are detecing a virus.
I submitted the file to Kapersky as potentially false positive. :borg:

EDIT2: Detection quote dropped to 2 / 58 today, Kapersky is clear.

"Heuristic" is the AV-term for "just guessing". :D
Last edited by Chris-S on Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chris-S wrote:Loaded the zip to virustotal.com and 0 of 52 scanners reported a virus.
Thanks for doing it for the less gifted. I mean how much can one expect that a long standing company would zip virus inside of their plugin?

But hey they are paranoid and "they don't want to risk" even after three pages of various people enjoying plugin. They play Sherlock Virushomes....hmmm haha

Here is the windows zip virus total results

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7df9 ... /analysis/

kmonkey wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Loaded the zip to virustotal.com and 0 of 52 scanners reported a virus.
Thanks for doing it for the less gifted. I mean how much can one expect that a long standing company would zip virus inside of their plugin?

But hey they are paranoid and "they don't want to risk" even after three pages of various people enjoying plugin. They play Sherlock Virushomes....hmmm haha
I don't think anyone was accusing them of putting a virus in the file. Various software can get compromised, even from reputable companies:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/39960721

Just because others are using something doesn't mean that the software wasn't compromised and that their computers couldn't be infected without them realising it...that is how many of these things spread.

Very nice freebie. We are so spoiled these days. This could easily have been payware.

One feature suggestion: Add an Output knob.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:This could easily have been payware.
It will get payware post June 8. 49€ or 99€ for the bundle with Modnetic.

As far as the concern about malware/younameit go, I had a warning from the Avira Chrome add-on *are you really sure you want to keep that file*. Again, good someone pointed that to the devs.

kmonkey wrote: EDIT: please make interface resizeable :pray:
+1 :wink:

emotica wrote:
pheeleep wrote:This could easily have been payware.
It will get payware post June 8. 49€ or 99€ for the bundle with Modnetic.

As far as the concern about malware/younameit go, I had a warning from the Avira Chrome add-on *are you really sure you want to keep that file*. Again, good someone pointed that to the devs.
Then we're spoiled that we get a chance to get great Payware for free for a limited time :) As long as we snag it in time that is!
Play it by ear

Armagibbon wrote:People still use Kaspersky?
Kaspersky is one of the best anti-virus providers out there. Pretty much with the highest detection rate in industry and best malware analysis teams that has uncovered many of the most notorious malware attacks in past years.

They were kind of crap couple of years ago mainly for excessive system resource usage, but have improved nicely with the latest versions.
No signature here!

xylyx wrote:
kmonkey wrote:

I don't think anyone was accusing them of putting a virus in the file. Various software can get compromised, even from reputable companies:

Just because others are using something doesn't mean that the software wasn't compromised and that their computers couldn't be infected without them realising it...that is how many of these things spread.

Oh yeah...those bbc stories..

Ok man spread the story.

Big thanks to Surreal Machines!

PTV wrote:
kmonkey wrote: EDIT: please make interface resizeable :pray:
+1 :wink:
Oh yes, absolutely. It's not nice if plugins make me move closer to the screen :cry:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

xylyx wrote: I don't think anyone was accusing them of putting a virus in the file. Various software can get compromised, even from reputable companies:

But that is totally different story, you realize that, don't you?
He said there was no sign that any customer data was accessed and that Panic's web server was not affected.
Users have been warned to download Panic's apps only from its website or the Apple App Store.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

robotmonkey wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:People still use Kaspersky?
Kaspersky is one of the best anti-virus providers out there. Pretty much with the highest detection rate in industry and best malware analysis teams that has uncovered many of the most notorious malware attacks in past years.

They were kind of crap couple of years ago mainly for excessive system resource usage, but have improved nicely with the latest versions.
Wow. And here I thought antivirus went the way of the dinosaur a couple years back.

It's no sure-fire bet man. No matter how good the detection is, there's a f*cking huge risk if you're not using a vm for your web stuff. I mean you're taking a bigger risk just running scripts for content on a media rich website than downloading a vst from it. Surfing is where they usually get you, and your antivirus is probably ok with your browser doing whatever it wants while it's open...

Take care with that stuff.

Many people would rather be told what to do by a piece of software than engage their brains.

Return to “Effects”