TAL Sampler 4, new look - free update!

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm if we both remember having it, it seems likely it did used to be there. I'll post with an update when I hear back from Patrick. btw tabs are coming to the mod matrix and ( I think) more slots, no ETA but just so you know it will happen.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Cool News! And thanks for checking! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Patrick says we never had this option(?) but that the one-shot mode will be modified to work this way in the next update. I noticed yesterday that one-shot does not disable loop mode and with both turned on the sample loops infinitely :) Default behaviour will be that one-shot disables looping. Look for a more full implementation in a later update.
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

Just to clarify, there will be three modes: one shot, loop including release, loop but on release jump to zero crossing just after loop?

Another question: if one uses the same sample in all four layers, does that instance use 1X ram or 4X ram?

pummel wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:59 pm Just to clarify, there will be three modes: one shot, loop including release, loop but on release jump to zero crossing just after loop?
At this stage, the next update will be a fix to one-shot so it works as expected (i.e. does not infinitely loop :roll: ). We're working on something new currently :wink: but there will be more updates to TAL Sampler subsequently to address a bunch of feature requests - including the 3rd play/release mode.
pummel wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:59 pm Another question: if one uses the same sample in all four layers, does that instance use 1X ram or 4X ram?
Good question. AFAIK once the sample is processed internally it's available in RAM to the patch, if it's the same sample 4 times it shouldn't use up 4x RAM but I'll confirm that and update.
emptyvessel

pummel wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:59 pm Another question: if one uses the same sample in all four layers, does that instance use 1X ram or 4X ram?
As I suspected the sample will only be stored once in RAM for each instance of TAL Sampler, use it in multiple layers and it won't use any more memory than using it in one.
emptyvessel

I am so confused by the new UI -- why does the browser 1. not default to the TAL Sampler Presets folder, and 2. no longer have a shortcut to that folder in the dropdown under Presets? The only folders listed in there are my system folders, and I have to navigate back to the Tal Sampler Presets folder every single time I want to grab something. The old browser didn't require any of this nonsense......what am I missing?

mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:41 am I am so confused by the new UI -- why does the browser 1. not default to the TAL Sampler Presets folder, and 2. no longer have a shortcut to that folder in the dropdown under Presets? The only folders listed in there are my system folders, and I have to navigate back to the Tal Sampler Presets folder every single time I want to grab something. The old browser didn't require any of this nonsense......what am I missing?
Look up above the samples window and you’ll see preset and samples tabs, hit the presets one. I agree, it should default to presets but you can get there quickly like this. If I’m remembering correctly.

+1 for default to preset tab

DMG68 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:05 pm
mholloway wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:41 am I am so confused by the new UI -- why does the browser 1. not default to the TAL Sampler Presets folder, and 2. no longer have a shortcut to that folder in the dropdown under Presets? The only folders listed in there are my system folders, and I have to navigate back to the Tal Sampler Presets folder every single time I want to grab something. The old browser didn't require any of this nonsense......what am I missing?
Look up above the samples window and you’ll see preset and samples tabs, hit the presets one. I agree, it should default to presets but you can get there quickly like this. If I’m remembering correctly.

That's not what I'm talking about, though: I'm talking about the *folder* that is opened in the Presets tab. It doesn't default to the actual TAL Presets folder on my system. Why? I literally have to work through my system level starting from Home, back to the TAL presets folder, every single time I want to load a preset from it, or any other bank I have added there. It's preposterous as a system. The dropdown of folder locations doesn't list the Factory folder (it did in the older, pre-UI overhaul version) and there's no way to add it.....as far as I can tell, either I'm missing something or this new browser is unusable.

Navigate to where your presets folder lives but instead of opening it, click the star and it'll add a bookmark. It should also remember which bookmarked folder you were last in next time you open the plugin.

gauderbock wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:32 pm Navigate to where your presets folder lives but instead of opening it, click the star and it'll add a bookmark. It should also remember which bookmarked folder you were last in next time you open the plugin.
Thank you very much for this, it's what I was missing.

Very welcome.

Can you guys (Tal) please but the fades back on the main page. For simple one sample patches you don't need the sample edit view, and you didn't used to have to go there in the previous UI to adjust fades. It's an important parameter.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:01 pm Can you guys (Tal) please but the fades back on the main page. For simple one sample patches you don't need the sample edit view, and you didn't used to have to go there in the previous UI to adjust fades. It's an important parameter.
Yeah I agree. I have already passed that request on so it's on the list as soon as we're working on TAL Sampler updates, as well as quite a few other things we discussed. :tu:
emptyvessel

Return to “TAL Software”