Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

bmanic wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am Feature Request (though I know this is feature complete, I'll still write it here in case it can be implemented for Zebra 3:

1) Would be lovely to have "unison voices" as a modulation source, meaning that a parameter can be offset by the unison voice setting. For instance if I have Unison voices set to 2 and then use "unison voice" as a modulation source I could force the 2nd voice to have a different value for the modulated parameter.
The unison is only in the wavetable. If you set wavetables to 2 voices, there is still only 1 OscFX in each slot, 1 MSEG, etc.

WOW, this will be a great weekend ! Thank you!

pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:03 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am Feature Request (though I know this is feature complete, I'll still write it here in case it can be implemented for Zebra 3:

1) Would be lovely to have "unison voices" as a modulation source, meaning that a parameter can be offset by the unison voice setting. For instance if I have Unison voices set to 2 and then use "unison voice" as a modulation source I could force the 2nd voice to have a different value for the modulated parameter.
The unison is only in the wavetable. If you set wavetables to 2 voices, there is still only 1 OscFX in each slot, 1 MSEG, etc.
Ah of course. Makes sense. :tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

so has anyone found a way to browse, load wavetables?

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:44 am Thank you for the beta, lovely little but powerfull synth. One thing i cant understand, how can i browse wavetables? there is no wavetable selector?
We haven't made any, but I guess the final version might have module presets with wavetables and envelopes. Not sure.

I think the main focus of this synth after all is to educate people about how to *make* things within the environment.

Actually, I'll revise my Feature Request:

Would still be nice to have an inverted Keyboard Tracking modulation source even though you can do this through the matrix. This would save a slot in many cases.

Though I assume in Zebra 3 there will be a much larger (or unlimited?) mod matrix? Then it's a non-issue.

Impressive what can be done with a single oscillator. For a beta it works quite well, I have the aforementioned problems of CPU consumption.

Yeah,,cpu usage is pretty high. On FL Studio i was able to half that by changing some settings in the wrapper.

Will this return as well ?? Loved that in the showcase videos, very happy the beta is out though :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KingRoy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:40 pm Will this return as well ?? Loved that in the showcase videos, very happy the beta is out though :party:
All of those features are available, no?

Sure, but it looked cool that way ... maybe a matter of taste, thx for your reply

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:10 am
Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:44 am Thank you for the beta, lovely little but powerfull synth. One thing i cant understand, how can i browse wavetables? there is no wavetable selector?
We haven't made any, but I guess the final version might have module presets with wavetables and envelopes. Not sure.

I think the main focus of this synth after all is to educate people about how to *make* things within the environment.
What about loading created wavetables? I think not having ability to save what you created or load wavetables is a huge miss and makes the synth quite castrated. Almost as synth not having ability to recall presets in the 70s. Its 2024 after all, imagine how fun it is to load your favourite wavetable you use on Serum but instead in Zebra 3 with all those osc fx and editing options.

bonch wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:07 am In Renoise, menu-based controls work properly without having to check "Enable Keyboard." Neat! This is unlike other U-he plug-ins where menu items can be selected but do nothing unless "Enable Keyboard" is checked.
Diva and Filterscape already include the same fix. All other plugins will also include that fix and work better in Renoise with their next updates.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

reppinghades wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:42 am I was scouring through the manual hoping to see if "save as default preset" is added to this but guess it's not implemented yet.
You can save a preset in the root local directory and name it "default" (without the quotation marks).
This preset will then be loaded as the startup preset whenever you load a new instance of the plugin.

There is currently no way to overwrite the init preset you can load by right-clicking the main data display.
Making this user definable is on our radar, but there's no concrete timeline on when and how we might get to implement this.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:16 pm
reppinghades wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:42 am I was scouring through the manual hoping to see if "save as default preset" is added to this but guess it's not implemented yet.
You can save a preset in the root local directory and name it "default" (without the quotation marks).
This preset will then be loaded as the startup preset whenever you load a new instance of the plugin.

There is currently no way to overwrite the init preset you can load by right-clicking the main data display.
Making this user definable is on our radar, but there's no concrete timeline on when and how we might get to implement this.
Hope to see it on all u-he synths and effects!

Return to “u-he”