U-he ACE!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought ACE and loving it! Thanks for this great synth! This is my first modular-style synth and I love how intuitive and fun it is to program! :D

Is there a reason why some of the mode buttons, like the envelope snap opn/off, is reachable for modulation, while others are not?

i.e. why is it not possible to controll OSC sync on/off from a host?

it's me again :)

ACE is ubercool but why is there no MIDI LEARN for the envelope controls? first thing after cutoff and rez i try to learn are ADSRs!

(no i won't go away... :D )

Rob...where?? Stop teasing us :x :hihi:

Uhe...i'll say it again...this synth is amazing..It is way to go! Somehow i knew it - if someone raise bar in quality it will be Uhe :love:

I've demoed Zebra again and (i know, i know) i still don't like it. Different people yield different taste :lol:

But ACE is AMAZING !!!!

i was trying this synth but the font didn't install properly or something. i had the Bitstream Vera Sans family already installed on my machine, and so I tried removing it, and installing Vera.ttf in the ace data fonts directory manually the correct way through windows control panel, but no love. I get no fonts at all on the UI. :(

I think the internal wiring is great, especially considering ACE's role as an "entry-level" Berlin modular. I'm not a huge fan of the cables paradigm, and I couldn't quite wrap my head around Bazille beta. It's fun, but it took me forever to make any thing in it so I never really got too far into it. I thought I would feel the same way about ACE, but boy, was I wrong. Its the perfect combination of ease of use and flexibiliy, and I find it incredibly inspiring.

kmonkey wrote:Rob...where?? Stop teasing us :x :hihi:

Uhe...i'll say it again...this synth is amazing..It is way to go! Somehow i knew it - if someone raise bar in quality it will be Uhe :love:

I've demoed Zebra again and (i know, i know) i still don't like it. Different people yield different taste :lol:

But ACE is AMAZING !!!!
Just got back from pub so i'll start audio demo after i ate my kebab :hihi: :hihi:
I'll post later tonight after i send to Urs

cheers

Rob :wink:

OK

I hope now, after buying ACE, that me and your Russian housemaid are cool now :D

Thank you sir... looking forward to trying additional banks
(Yes I'm a preset whore... :roll:)

:wink:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Urs wrote:The labels (or icons...) don't change on an ARP 2600 hardware, so I found it rather disturbing to even think of changing labels ;)
Nor on the 2500, so can you please add a matrix switching option before the final release? :hihi:
Most people wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass. –FZ

kmonkey wrote:Rob...where?? Stop teasing us :x :hihi:

But ACE is AMAZING !!!!
Heh... You will be one of those that tries Zebra numerous times and one day it will just hit you... dollar says that within the year you will have Zebra!

Urs would it be possible in the futur to have pan for each stacked voice? i miss these stereo detuned sounds with ace but not sure it could be implemented in the synth

kobal wrote:Urs would it be possible in the futur to have pan for each stacked voice?
BIG +1 for that -- not to mention the ability to set the level for each stacked voice, too! You could make a little box in that area with 8 rows of 3 knobs each (or 2 rows of 4 x 3 knobs?). This could make the sound even BETTER! (As difficult as that is to imagine, considering how bloody awesome ACE is even just now ;^).

dhalfen wrote:
kobal wrote:Urs would it be possible in the futur to have pan for each stacked voice?
BIG +1 for that -- not to mention the ability to set the level for each stacked voice, too! You could make a little box in that area with 8 rows of 3 knobs each (or 2 rows of 4 x 3 knobs?). This could make the sound even BETTER! (As difficult as that is to imagine, considering how bloody awesome ACE is even just now ;^).
Hehehe, how about you use what's there and modulate the pan independently for each voice. Or use opposite panning within the patch anyway ;)

Oh,

Please check this out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10#3881810

This would be the release version unless anything serious happens.

Any help testing this is appreciated!

Cheers,

;) Urs

kobal wrote:Urs would it be possible in the futur to have pan for each stacked voice? i miss these stereo detuned sounds with ace but not sure it could be implemented in the synth
You can already do that using the mapping generator in Alternate mode. Set the number of steps in the map to the number of stacked voices you are using, connect mapper to pan and tweak away at the map values.

Edit: Forgot to mention - mode has to be RETRIGGER.

Return to “u-he”