Redline Reverb!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh and just one more thing, i don't think breverb is fantastic, by any means, it's ok for a software reverb and i seem to be able to use it well.

the absolute undisputed best software reverb ever in my opinion is variverb pro, as i have stated before, but it is windows only and beyond buggy. But if i had a choice of that on mac, and it didn't crash, it'd get my #1 vote.

ttoz wrote:I won't say anything more negative cause i have said my opinion, and i want to take a moment to thank 112's supremely professional way of dealing with my criticism, and actually in general on the boards and I wish them every success. And i do mean that! Cheers!
Thanks ttoz! And I do seriously appreciate your feedback--again I'm sorry that our reverb didn't do anything for you, but it's good to see that even on KVR friendly discussions centered around opposite opinions are still possible. ;)

Take care & perhaps our next Redline offerings will appeal to you more.

Peace,

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

hey for $99 i wish i loved it.. i'd buy three :hihi:

i must admit i'd be interested in the eq as i used to have a thing for the sonic flavors one, but that's another topic. They also had a KICK ASS delay. Man i hope that thing is resurrected!

fridtjof wrote:Wow ttoz must have really different ears, i think this verb sounds like pure silk. Not perfect for drum plates, but great for anything else. For me this is smooth, the opposite of grainy.
I find AAR to sound really synthetic and trancy. Sounds like noise added to the sound source.
Been testing it all night with the ableton instruments and am amazed by the quality. Sometimes I had to turn it off just to check if it was the instrument itself that sounded so warm and smooth, and it changed completely.
I have to second this. I think this is a nice reverb, and I don't hear anything inherently "metallic" on vocals, nor do I hear this graininess, any more so than any other software reverb, at least. Certainly nothing to piss me off enough to be rude to developers. But hey: we know how personal reverb choices are.

i was rude???

:shrug:

edit: i suppose i was a bit harsh, but we made good. peace.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttoz wrote:They also had a KICK ASS delay. Man i hope that thing is resurrected!
Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if it were... ;)

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

ttoz wrote:i was rude???

Yeah, I feel that kinda crossed the line from constructive criticism {"shit", "god AWFUL"). But no harm done, obviously, thanks to - as you noted - dj's cordial response. I won't belabor the point, I know that reverbs elicit strong, personal opinions. Maybe it's because the words are so harsh, yet we know the developer is no nice. I usually reserve that level of anger for overpriced disasters like GenWave EQ or Ishan Limiter (that one came with insane, racist dev!), etc. BUt I've been guilty myself of going to far in the past, let's be honest here... :D

ttoz wrote:i was rude???

Sure you were rude, mate. But as I see it it's just great to test the plugin and have many opinions at hand, so what could be better?

For example I don't know exactly what different people hear when they say something is "grainy". It means a total different thing a) in the Reaktor-community or b) for a reverb, for example. And is different for people even in the same topic (thus I am happy about explanations like from bmanic a few pages before, those sssssssszzzz and the other!).
And I find myself being able to test the redline reverb better with your AND bduffy's and bmanic's posts. So yeah, "peace" :). I really like the sounds I get, by the way. Right now I am testing
- 2 Reaktor reverbs maybe (some people told me) are a wee bit similar to redline
- R2 from silverspike
- freebies like ambience, Epic Verb, Tila,
and another old one I am too shy to mention (wow, expensive purchase, 2002). I think if I like the redline reverb, I'll buy it. Might have to break the bank before, but as we are amongst us here, and nobody listens :hihi:

By the way, I am really blown away from redline monitor. But that's again another topic, already greatly discussed by bManic. So all the really best to 112dB, such superb tools, guys!

Edit... yeah, the choice of some of the words was a bit shall we say 'strong' but it sounds like all is well and it's time to move on!

This seems like it's been a very civil discussion so far. I think ttoz has been great and I welcome his comments, even if some of us don't 100% agree. That's what this place is all about! This particular discussion has been pretty cool so far in terms of hearing what we all look for in a verb and how we look for it. I definitely agree that drums, and especially high sounds like cymbals are a good way of being able to spot certain things. I think the example provided earlier was a very good analogy.

I haven't found the Redline to be metallic at all, at least not yet. In my case, that's what I meant by warm (as opposed to metallic). I found the Redline to be very warm. If I was using the description incorrectly and in a confusing manner, I apologize.

dj!, when the time comes and if a delay comes along, I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it! But first things first. I don't believe that even the eq is out yet.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

bduffy wrote:
fridtjof wrote:Wow ttoz must have really different ears, i think this verb sounds like pure silk. Not perfect for drum plates, but great for anything else. For me this is smooth, the opposite of grainy.
I find AAR to sound really synthetic and trancy. Sounds like noise added to the sound source.
Been testing it all night with the ableton instruments and am amazed by the quality. Sometimes I had to turn it off just to check if it was the instrument itself that sounded so warm and smooth, and it changed completely.
I have to second this. I think this is a nice reverb, and I don't hear anything inherently "metallic" on vocals, nor do I hear this graininess, any more so than any other software reverb, at least. Certainly nothing to piss me off enough to be rude to developers. But hey: we know how personal reverb choices are.
Thirded. I don't hear anything grainy at all in redline. It's far more smooth than most. And I also think that AAR sounds noisy and grainy. It's funny that ttoz finds AAR smoother. It's like we've got completely different products.

My only hesitation is that I already have reaktor (hence space master 2), and I'm not sure I find a huge difference. But I haven't tested extensively enough to notice the smaller differences. Still waiting for dj112 to give me the scoop on what's been improved (do you see my post back a bit?).

Klemperer... good point re the word grainy. In some circles and in some contexts grainy is exactly what we are all looking for and it means something altogether different, lol. :)

You know... all of this also depends on what kind of speakers we are listening on, etc.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

i am absolutely sorry for my strong words, and as stated, i made peace with redline directly in the topic and said some pretty good stuff about them too (sorry i mean 112db)

but yeah sorry for going OTT

see, i can post an example of exactly what i mean by the metallic and grainy but i promised i wouldn't do anything more in this thread, so i don't know if that crosses the line or not. It's just a short vocal snippet that directly highlights the problem i was talking about in the late reflections (at larger room sizes it affects the early as well but for short small room sounds the reverb is quite good)

Nice verb. Only demoed it for two hrs and sent the payment straight away. I start suspecting I am a sucker for reverb. I need to call my doc for more examination. Back to this plugin, all the knobs and slider made it easy to creat both real and weird effects, just with a few tweaks. It doesn't ear much CPU either. Good job dj!.

ttoz wrote:i am absolutely sorry for my strong words, and as stated, i made peace with redline directly in the topic and said some pretty good stuff about them too (sorry i mean 112db)

but yeah sorry for going OTT

see, i can post an example of exactly what i mean by the metallic and grainy but i promised i wouldn't do anything more in this thread, so i don't know if that crosses the line or not. It's just a short vocal snippet that directly highlights the problem i was talking about in the late reflections (at larger room sizes it affects the early as well but for short small room sounds the reverb is quite good)
ttoz, I think you should so we can hear (or not) what you hear in the plugin and better understand your point of view, and educate those of us not so well versed in the language of reverbs.

For the record, from my reverb novice point of view, I will still keep my CSR as I find it smoother sounding overall and more versatile for me than Redline. Redline seems a bit "grainy" and "dry" to my ears if that makes any sens.

But I would love to hear examples in which the majority of knowladgeable people say this is good or this is bad, so I (and others) can learn to appreciate the quality/defaults of a reverb.

I think people are not keeping in mind that this reverb uses about 2-4% CPU, which is quite extraordinary considering the quality. This is quite rare.

Return to “Effects”