Revitar 2.0 now free with source code

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revitar Revitar 2

I bought this vst a year ago and I haven't figured out how to play mixed major and minor chords. (it's a great plug though)

If I, for example, want to play the following chords: Am - G

I set the chord mode to absolute, select "A Minor" and hit the A key on the midi controller. How do I play the G chord after?

What is really played if I hit the G key on the midi controller with the "A Minor" chord selected?

Have anyone figured this out?

Without trying it, I'd guess it's G major as that's the VII of a natural minor.

HiEnergy wrote:Without trying it, I'd guess it's G major as that's the VII of a natural minor.
I've verified and it is G major.

The logic seams to be to select the key of the song (major or minor scale) when using absolute chords. If I want to begin with the 4th chord (IV) in the key of A minor I still select A minor as the chord and hit the D note on the midi controller.

It's a little bit confusing and not clear either in the program nor in the manual. Would be nice to show the chord being played to be clearer.

arakula wrote:If anybody's interested...

I've converted Revitar2 to a more usable format:

.) using the latest VST SDK 2.4 rev2
.) cleaned up (c'mon, "ADelayEdit"??? 8-))
.) removed unnecessary stuff
.) added Visual Studio 2005 solution, which can be used with VS2008 / 2010 as well
.) added version information in the resource file; I took the liberty to increase the version number to 2.01 to make it easier to distinguish it from the original.
Arakula,

Thank you for this work. I downloaded the source and have gotten a clean compile on VC 2010 SDK 7.0. The compiled .dll almost runs on my PC, but ends up using way too much CPU making it unusable. I'm wondering if you could post your compiler settings (optimizzation etc) to see if I just have them wrong (or if this is in your distribution could you please point out where?).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Now if only I could think of something creative to put here:(

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

read the second post by arakula here; http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 89#4293489

Where we're at it: Did anyone yet care to compile this into a 64bit VST dll?

I think that someone could create "guitar beast" from Revitar source with better GUI, more options and less CPU usage... maybe good idea for KVR DC 2014 contest.
yzcoruhT

Not a bad idea...

I've ported it to IPlug (works in lots of different formats now and on mac) but there are a few features from the original missing.

is there a recent compilied download availible?

windows; http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... r&start=60

bottom post by arakula - see; "You can download the executable here"

(it's the .dll not an .exe)

I have just re-compiled to create both 32-bit and 64-bit versions: used VC2013 Express, so this is Windows-only
Last edited by asseca on Sun May 04, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Is there a Mac version anywhere?

here is a 32bit mac vst2 binary

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/337 ... ux.vst.zip

it needs some work.

Return to “Instruments”