AudioMIDI's no brainer deal.

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes (although I haven't checked if it still works in 2.10):
- Install it normally
- After installation, move the Rhino folder (the one where you put your key file) anywhere you want, for example U:\Programs\Rhino.
- Create a file with notepad, save it as ".Rhino2″ at the root of your C: drive, and use it to define the path to the Rhino folder, as follows:

Code: Select all

[BigTick]
path=U:\Program\Rhino\

I bought the no-brainer deal before I checked the system requirements. My iMac runs OS-X 10.5.9. The specs say it needs OSX 10.6. If you have any doubt that that's true, believe it. I spent over an hour trying to get it to run with my Mac and I couldn't. I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just hold onto it until I get around to upgrading to 10.6 or 10.7. (You need to have OS-x 10.6 installed to upgrade to 10.7.)

I have a Windows laptop running Windows 7 that I'll try to install it on. I love the Rhino demo, so even though I need a new soft synth like I need a hole in the head, my lack of a brain was well suited for the no-brainer deal. Thanks for a really cool synth, Big Tick.
Steve Conslaw

Put your hands up and come out slowly. He has a synthesizer, and he's not afraid to use it.

Just a quick note, if you want it, you'd better hurry, as audioMIDI is going to close the sale soon.

'Tick

Thank you BT but its a no go then, I don't want to have a text file to tell the dll where it is :)
Every plugin on earth should look for its presets/data files etc in its own folder THEN if it doesnt find it there it should look in microsoft shitty folders.

ps I was one of the early BT supporters, bought Rainbow long ago :)
Big Tick wrote:Yes (although I haven't checked if it still works in 2.10):
- Install it normally
- After installation, move the Rhino folder (the one where you put your key file) anywhere you want, for example U:\Programs\Rhino.
- Create a file with notepad, save it as ".Rhino2″ at the root of your C: drive, and use it to define the path to the Rhino folder, as follows:

Code: Select all

[BigTick]
path=U:\Program\Rhino\

^^^
or find a shortcut in its own folder pointing to where the presets /data files are.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

geoslake wrote:Thank you BT but its a no go then, I don't want to have a text file to tell the dll where it is :)
Every plugin on earth should look for its presets/data files etc in its own folder THEN if it doesnt find it there it should look in microsoft shitty folders.
Not so simple...
- in Vista and above the folders under C:\Program Files can't be written into (unless you run with admin privileges) so you can't use this for data that you need write access to.
- You definitely don't want the data files in the plugin folder under your VST directory (unless you enjoy waiting hours for your host to scan)

Thus, if you don't want these files in the Microsoft-recommended location, you'll have to help the plugin a bit. Hence the text file. Set it and forget it...

'Tick

O.k., I think maybe I found a bug or something. I was using stand alone mode, and trying to use midi learn. I pressed the midi out button with the learn button on by accident, and this caused Rhino to crash when I tried to move the main volume slider. When I restarted Rhino, it would crash every time I tried to move the main volume slider, even after restarting the computer.

I went to settings and changed midi out from channel 1 gs wavetable (the default setting) to 'none' and the problem went away.

Also midi learn seems not to work in stand alone mode.

using novation remote 37sl (version one, not the newer mkII keyboards).
m-audio firewire 410, win 7 64, with the Rhino 2.1 hotfix .dll

also something interesting, when Rhino crashes, and the little widows thing comes up saying it crashed (gee thanks windows), it says version 2.09 has crashed when I clearly have version 2.1 installed. No idea if this is significant but thought I would mention it.

If you need me to try anything out as far as testing settings, just let me know.

How long does the serial number take to be emiled? Paid for this last thursday and still waiting.

That's kinda long. Can you email audioMIDI to check what's going on ? I only take over after they've sent the serial :)

Just wanted to chime in that I bought this on Friday, and spent the weekend playing with it. Even bumped out a track with it.

I had the CM version and really liked that, and I'm glad I was able to get the full version. Top notch synth.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Big Tick wrote:That's kinda long. Can you email audioMIDI to check what's going on ? I only take over after they've sent the serial :)
Ok thx, will chase them up

My turn for a silly question - say, I have modified the "Orbit" preset"., what do I need to do to save it as "Orbit_DS"?

And, if that would be the 65th preset in that Bank ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Banks only have 64 presets - so you'll need to make a new bank. Just save it over the default [Orbit], rename it, and then select "Save Bank" and create a new bank.
'Tick

I have the Mac version installed on my master machine and I now want to put the PC version on my slave machine. I logged into my account from the PC and in the downloads I have all the banks showing and the license keys, but not the AM version of Rhino.

Can I just download the normal version of Rhino and add the banks or do I need th AM version of Rhino?

You can install the regular Rhino and add the banks. Then copy the rhino.db file (and optionally, the skin folder) from your Mac installation.

'Tick

Return to “Big Tick”