Insert Piz Here: midiChords (now for Mac (and with strumming)!).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grenoybel wrote:The guitar thing is nice, go for it.

I don't know if this already been asked, but is it possible to get the notes below C2 or C1 to go through, without selecting them in the output?
Currently for a note to go through, the same note has to be selected as the output, but it makes sense to add a way to bypass ranges of notes, so I will.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Great!

You're a "machine", I say this has a compliment!

Guitar view++

Coming soon. The hard part will be translating keyboard chords to the guitar view when there are more than six notes, or notes outside the guitar's range, etc... but that could be really useful, so I'm doing it.
wrongtastic, baby

Great tool!! Made donation...+1 for guitar chords/GUI.

I'm making the best music of my life with this plugin. I donated also. Everyone should!

Here is the first public version with the guitar component. I'm calling it beta until I get a little testing and feedback.

The "guitar" can have up to 16 strings in any tuning. If you enter a chord in the keyboard view and switch to guitar, it tries to make a guitar chord with the same pitches. There is room for improvement here...

Each string is saved on a separate MIDI channel, so you might want to use the Out Channel setting to send them all on the same channel.

Also new in this version: shift-drag trigger keyboard to completely bypass trigger notes (they turn orange when bypassed).

Download:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiChords_guitar.zip
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiChords_guitar_x64.zip
wrongtastic, baby

lovely :tu:

Usability bug: Guitar view sometimes crashes if attempting to play an existing chord preset loaded that goes beyond what the guitar view can see. (With the GUI open only)

EDIT: Make that immediately changing to Guitar view then playing back anything will cause it to crash until you close and reopen the GUI.
Host: Cantabile 1.2

Piz..

You are freakin' fantastic! :hail:
:hug:

MaliceX wrote:Usability bug: Guitar view sometimes crashes if attempting to play an existing chord preset loaded that goes beyond what the guitar view can see. (With the GUI open only)

EDIT: Make that immediately changing to Guitar view then playing back anything will cause it to crash until you close and reopen the GUI.
Host: Cantabile 1.2
Can't reproduce... can you give some more detail, how to reproduce the crash step by step?
wrongtastic, baby

Anybody else getting crashes? Any other issues/suggestions?
wrongtastic, baby

-- cloase the Help panel by clicking anywhere on it (at the moment have to go back to the [?] button)

For the Guitar >> Setup >> customize:
-- add a menu to select a guitar tuning? (some here: http://12bar.de/scale_generator.php )
-- and reposition the fingering suitably

-- MIDI strum ???

[Well, you did ask ;)]]
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It is possible to add other tunings to the menu, but there is no UI for it yet (you have to edit a text file). And it will reposition the fingering to get the same notes, but whether it is possible for a human to actually finger those notes is another story. I can try to improve this in the future.

Strumming will definitely be added, probably a slightly simplified version of midiStrum as the last stage before output channelizing.
wrongtastic, baby

I have version 1.0.11 (probably got it from here) but I see that the latest version on the insertpizhere-site is 1.0.10.

Just wanted to let you know.

Return to “Instruments”