ArtsAcoustic Reverb 1.6.0 released

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:Maybe Lennard's working for AA now.
he would have made a group buy before he vanished :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

well, if it was all fine with 1.5 version before, why would you not simply return back to this version? So did i at least. Until things get solved...
Last edited by Qatok on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qatok wrote:well, if it was all fine with 1.5 version before, why would you not simply return back to this version? So did i at least. Until things get solved...
is this def. possible to go back to v1.5 after deinstalling the new version ? "PeteS" wrote re-installing vers1.5 doesnt work either.

the plug isn't listed in cubase 7 (32 or 64 bit version) - also live crashes...puh. :help:

best,
olli

Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

nick at artsacoustic wrote:Hi Guys, please read here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#5326801
Hi Nick any chance of some clarity on the other topic discussed here, that of "2nd hand" users and upgrades?

Hi guys,

first of all, let me say that we understand your frustration of having a not working update or waiting for an answer about the license policy so long. Believe me, I for myself would prefer much more to hear from users opinions about how they like the new algorithms and the high quality mode than complaints about the policy… Be assured, we are internally discussing the topic and will provide you an answer as soon as possible. We really hope to find a solution that satisfies you, our valued customers, as much as us.

From my side, I would like to beg your patience just a little bit longer. Please be aware that we are a very small company, we all have other business that we need to do for our living, thus responses to your questions and internal discussions can take their time. This is in no way meant as an affront and even more does not mean, that we are sticking our heads into sand neither that we ignore the problems of our customers. We take you very serious. It's sometimes just not as simple as that. But we are on it and we will do our best to provide you a solution very soon.

Thanks for understanding and all the best,
Timo
kind regards, timo

I tried selling my license before , so I emailed customer support.
NEVER got a response.
I emailed twice and posted in the topic.
Still no answer.

Bad customer support sucks , the transfer policy sucks, but no support/reply at all is beyond lame.

All the bad aside .... I really love the cl 1 bundle and after this update I'm happy I still own the reverb as well :?

timo at artsacoustic wrote:Hi guys,

first of all, let me say that we understand your frustration of having a not working update or waiting for an answer about the license policy so long. Believe me, I for myself would prefer much more to hear from users opinions about how they like the new algorithms and the high quality mode than complaints about the policy… Be assured, we are internally discussing the topic and will provide you an answer as soon as possible. We really hope to find a solution that satisfies you, our valued customers, as much as us.

From my side, I would like to beg your patience just a little bit longer. Please be aware that we are a very small company, we all have other business that we need to do for our living, thus responses to your questions and internal discussions can take their time. This is in no way meant as an affront and even more does not mean, that we are sticking our heads into sand neither that we ignore the problems of our customers. We take you very serious. It's sometimes just not as simple as that. But we are on it and we will do our best to provide you a solution very soon.

Timo
Fair enough and ok for me. But you just can't let your (second hand) customers in that situation without a (fair) way out.

timo at artsacoustic wrote: Thanks for understanding and all the best,
Timo
That's clear and reasonable for me, thanks for the clarification Timo.

budweiser wrote:
timo at artsacoustic wrote:Hi guys,

Timo
Fair enough and ok for me.

+1
budweiser wrote:But you just can't let your (second hand) customers in that situation without a (fair) way out.
+1
"It dreamed itself along"

Oliver Schmitt wrote:
Qatok wrote:well, if it was all fine with 1.5 version before, why would you not simply return back to this version? So did i at least. Until things get solved...
is this def. possible to go back to v1.5 after deinstalling the new version ? "PeteS" wrote re-installing vers1.5 doesnt work either.

the plug isn't listed in cubase 7 (32 or 64 bit version) - also live crashes...puh. :help:

best,
olli
ofcourse it is, why not? Just make sure u uninstall 1.6 first, then after you have installed 1.5 version, before you launch your DAW, copy your 1.5 key to buffer, it will register your plugin automatic.

Here is a response i just got by mail from artsacoustic :
nick at artsacoustic wrote:Hi Julien,

unfortunatelty you did indeed understand something wrong.
The licensing, valid from the date of the release of version 1.6 has been changed in the way, that when someone wants to sell the new version (1.6) second hand, he has to wait 6 months before he can actually sell it and he has to pay a license transfer fee (50€), in order to sell it. The difference to older license transfers is, that this makes the new owner a "real", full ArtsAcoustic customer, therefore he can benefit from further updating the product, customer support and sales actions/promotional discounts, etc. that are done just for our customers.

Before the licensing changes to the new rules, older transfered licenses (pre 1.6) were done by us pureley based on good will (the license text stated that the transfer is not allowed). However, the transfered licenses in these cases became NFR versions, thus, as the name says, it is soley the license of just this exact version the new user (in this case you) owns, which is then Not For Resale. If that version would be updatable, it of course wouldn't be this version anymore. So in essence, you bought second hand just this particular version, which became an NFR version on transfer. An NFR version is naturally not updatable, just because of that - it's an NFR version, that's a usual thing.

I'm sorry, i know, not exactly what you want to hear, but that is how it is. I hope you understand. If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Nick at ArtsAcoustic
Seriously, nick & artsacoustic team : do you really expect to stay in business for a long time with that kind of policy ?
This is not what i call offering a way out to your customers, this is what i call loosing your customers.

Well, ArtsAcoustic, this is not how it is usually done at all. Of all the companies I have dealt with, yours is the only one who treats NFR customers this way.

Other companies do allow updates (all point updates within 1.xx) at least until the major upgrade (that is, 1.xx -> 2.xx). Your handling of this case is totally unexpected, and, in my opinion, unacceptable. Yes, you didn't get money from us, but you did supported the transfer once. Now, you treat us as if we stole the license from you (as you know, stolen licenses can't be updated). We did pay for our license, but we are treated indifferently from those that didn't.

I'm a first-hand owner of your compressor bundle. The case with AAR really disappointed me as a customer. It's your products. You can probably do whatever with it, but I strongly believe that you need to reconsider your policy.

EDIT: Just for the record, I bought AAR second-hand in 2007, and bought your compressor bundle first-hand just recently.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Not being affected by this licensing/update issue (I have original licenses for AAR and the Comps), I'd like to chime in all the same.

I think, Nick, that when you choose to interpret the fine print like a particularly bureaucratic Devil would read the bible, you shoot yourself in the foot.

Surely you realise that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by allowing NFR customers (who still paid the license transfer fee into your pockets) to upgrade - not free, but for a reasonable upgrade fee.

That would buy you, apart from a wad of cash, a slice of that priceless commodity called 'goodwill'.

In the long run, can you do business without it?

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Arts Acoustic”