Roland beat Behringer to Mini clone with Boutique SE-02??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If im buying a synth covered in knobs, i want them usable. If i have to use the knobs on a controller... c'mon...really?

AnX wrote:If im buying a synth covered in knobs, i want them usable. If i have to use the knobs on a controller... c'mon...really?
Really. I have an 88key master keyboard with knobs and sliders. I'll just tuck this guy away somewhere and rarely touch the actual device at all... assuming of course that when I demo it, I like the sound. All the grindy dance floor shit sounds I've heard so far have really turned me off though.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
AnX wrote:If im buying a synth covered in knobs, i want them usable. If i have to use the knobs on a controller... c'mon...really?
Really. I have an 88key master keyboard with knobs and sliders. I'll just tuck this guy away somewhere and rarely touch the actual device at all... assuming of course that when I demo it, I like the sound. All the grindy dance floor shit sounds I've heard so far have really turned me off though.
If thats the case, i'll take the 50 bux version with no knobs :wink:

SJ_Digriz wrote:
:hihi:
What is so funny about that, it is not the same is it, not made by either Roland or Behringer :(

They're all usable. The question is how many you need to use in leisurely programming (all of them) via how many you need to use for live manipulation (frequently far fewer).

If these are the same size knobs as they use on the JX-03, it's actually not too bad. But for in-the-moment non-delicate manipulation, yeah, having some bigger knobs mapped to key functions would be useful.

I have a Creamware Minimax which, while a digital recreation rather than true analog, has it all... full size knobs and presets, and even polyphony. Great box. But as it turns out, its size and weight make it awkward to place in a live rig, and I've rarely used it.

Numanoid wrote: What is so funny about that, it is not the same is it, not made by either Roland or Behringer :(
Maybe we are not understanding the question ... I thought you were looking for the VST version of these synths? Which is what is funny. But, are you looking for a VST controller plugin app like the stuff from Soundtower? If so, those usually come way after the devices are released.

Right, there are a number of VSTs that emulate the Minimoog. By definition, none of them are analog. For that, you'd need to buy something like these Behringer or Roland models, or a real Moog...

{double post, deleted}
Last edited by anotherscott on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He's not looking for anything. He's being obtuse, as usual.

....wait for the comment about the 'wrong forum'

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Numanoid wrote: What is so funny about that, it is not the same is it, not made by either Roland or Behringer :(
Maybe we are not understanding the question ... I thought you were looking for the VST version of these synths? Which is what is funny. But, are you looking for a VST controller plugin app like the stuff from Soundtower? If so, those usually come way after the devices are released.
I am at the moment surfing the instrument sub-forum at KVR, which is devoted to VST plugs, you know software.

Seems not much have changed since I have been away, still users in here cant tell the difference between hardware and software :(

AnX wrote:He's not looking for anything. He's being obtuse, as usual.
Ooooh, touche

....right on cue :lol:

I'll wait until the purists totally trash this, because they don't find it authentic. Then i buy when they sell the bad sellers for a special price. :hihi:

Nah, really, wondering what the purists will say, when this is coming out. I'm sure it'll be trashed, for the price point alone.

Return to “Instruments”