Softube Fix Phaser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:44 pm Creamy? OK, if it does that thick, syrupy, 70's psychedelic thing, then I need to check it out.
Not too far off in my opinion. :)

I guess people have very diverse application for phasers though. For me, it's most often movement in Ambient synth pad sounds. Fix Phaser sounds really nice on those low pass filtered supersaw pads.

Bit hard to justify that it takes about 5 or 6 times the CPU as an instance of Sylenth1, but, hey... :lol:

What I meant by "Water in the ears" sound (at 2:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbqMvaZ905Y&t=117s

Phaser pedals never sound like this but almost all phaser plugins do. Yuck.

The biggest issues I had with phaser plugins is the feedback/resonant behavior (some sound really nasty, or lame), and that they often alter the sound in a bad way (e.g. take the beef/bass out of the sounds, i.e. "thin" them out).

I have no experience with hardware phasers though. From the plugins I tested (NI Phasis, Adam Szabo's Phazor, Arturia Bi-Tron, MPhaser, Cubase's phaser, Studio One's phaser, Eventide Instant Phaser mk2, Admiral Quality's phaser, several soft synth included phasers), Fix Phaser is by far the best IMO.

yes the shitty nasal resonant phasers suck ass.
That's why here at KVR Audio, we choose only the cream of the crop...

Godfazer is alright too. The Admiral's Phaser is good though seemingly abandoned.
Unfortunately i demoed this Fix Phaser ages ago on an old machine,
so i cannot demo again due to i(f**king)Lock.
Anyways, new macbook pro - aaaaah noice.

Return to “Effects”