NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Instantiation sounds more professional. :D
Like, when you go out on a gig, you instantiate the truck? :P
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

chk071 wrote:Instantiation sounds more professional. :D
Its also the correct technical term.

The common parlance meaning of 'loading' means 'instantiated' but to a developer, the technical meaning of 'loading' isnt the same as 'instantiating', ie second copy of an already-existing plugin doesnt necessarily need loaded (as in 'loaded into memory'), but it does need instantiated.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

When I 'instantiate' a plugin, it sounds 10.72% times better than when I just 'load' one.

True story!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:When I 'instantiate' a plugin, it sounds 10.72% times better than when I just 'load' one.

True story!
Its a little-know side-effect, but its true. Its because the individual bits of memory arent as tired out...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well just wait till you hear quantum bits, listening to them changes the desired effect
Amazon: why not use an alternative

whyterabbyt wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:When I 'instantiate' a plugin, it sounds 10.72% times better than when I just 'load' one.

True story!
Its a little-know side-effect, but its true. Its because the individual bits of memory arent as tired out...
:hihi: :hihi:

All good fun :D

But back on topic, did the update fix the problem for users in "those particular environments" ?

It has been working in FL Studio 12 without a black screen on "instantiation" before, so I don't think I will do the update

Numanoid wrote:All good fun :D

But back on topic, did the update fix the problem for users in "those particular environments" ?

It has been working in FL Studio 12 without a black screen on "instantiation" before, so I don't think I will do the update
Yes, of course - that's why we spent days and days beta-testing it.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, of course - that's why we spent days and days beta-testing it.
So maybe you know what kind of environments were affected?

Numanoid wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, of course - that's why we spent days and days beta-testing it.
My environment for sure.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
My environment for sure.
I only had the demo at that point, and I did experience the blank screen. Now with the full version, latest update, and no issues :tu:

I am looking for something with the 80's flavour of strymon Dig, do you think Replika xt vintage digital algo is enough? any suggestion?
dedication to flying

BTW
Replica XT got a 10 of 10 in Computer Music Magazine.

Got Replica free last year on a Christmas special
and am waiting for a sale to upgrade to Replica XT

I understand that the $25 e-coupon from the
Komplete 11 purchase cannot be use towards
an upgrade. :(

Kalamata Kid wrote:I understand that the $25 e-coupon from the
I didn't realise that. Just tried and confirm that although the coupon states "any downloadable Native Instruments software", it won't take it for the XT upgrade. :x

db3 wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:I understand that the $25 e-coupon from the
I didn't realise that. Just tried and confirm that although the coupon states "any downloadable Native Instruments software", it won't take it for the XT upgrade. :x
Perhaps a call or a email to NI is in order.

OK just started this thread at NI
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... xt.309121/

Return to “Effects”