DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Muziksculp wrote:
carrieres wrote:Dune2 is far more complex than Antidote !
I'm sure it is. Does that makes it as good, or better 'Sounding' than Antidote ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
How do the presets of the two sounds and is there a bank for Dune 2 of same sounds?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

you can't compare both synth, Dune2 is like having 8 Antidote but the dsp engine is the same or very close !
both include zero delay feedback filter and Wave Table osc
the possibilities are endless !

Kindred wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:
classic wrote:(edit) I did add all my DUNE sound sets to DUNE on and DUNE2. Worked fine:)

Thanks
classic
Great! :)
Kindred wrote:Installed the demo, played around for about 5 minutes and then bought it based off one preset which was just gorgeous. Based on this one patch alone worth the price. (other sounds on there really nice too!)
Hehe cool...which one was it? :) :phones:

Richard
I can't remember the name (not in the studio now) but it is all over this remix I just did - (it's the techy chord-ish/basic channel-ish sound)

https://soundcloud.com/kriece/sploosh-c ... red-sounds

Great work - I just bought this and Blue2 on the same day and have tended to enjoy Dune2 a bit more so far...
That stab chord sound is great indeed, your tune reminds me of this track by Sterac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prEQLGisdks
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I'm looking forward to by Dune 2 soon.

Q. Does it share the same sonic characteristics of Synapse Audio's Antidote, their Reason Rack-Expansion Synth ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Some yes. Part of the filter and oscillator code in Antidote come from Dune 2's development, also the phaser is nearly identical.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Not sure if this is a know bug or by design:

Tempo synced mono LFOs always restart at note on. If sync is disabled the same LFO is free running ...
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Not sure if this is a know bug or by design:

Tempo synced mono LFOs always restart at note on. If sync is disabled the same LFO is free running ...
This is by design, the idea is that you can trigger a complex sequence employing LFO/MSEGs etc properly. Consider a basic gate effect, if you use poly mode then hold down one key and add other keys later, everything is out of sync as each note has its own LFO. So it's important to have a way to keep it all in sync e.g. when playing live and hitting chords (noone plays like a machine, so there's going to be small jitter and some notes will be too early or too late). Note that only the first key pressed restarts the LFO, it's not restarted for each note.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Understood, thanks!
... space is the place ...

Lovely. :)

https://soundcloud.com/lost-n-spaced/wait4u

I just finished this and used DUNE 2 for lead and bass. (However, I will tell you the lead alone maxed out my CPU and had to be bounced. But totally worth it. Enjoy!

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I'm looking forward to by Dune 2 soon.

Q. Does it share the same sonic characteristics of Synapse Audio's Antidote, their Reason Rack-Expansion Synth ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Some yes. Part of the filter and oscillator code in Antidote come from Dune 2's development, also the phaser is nearly identical.

Richard
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to buy Dune 2 in the near future. I'm sure it will be a great addition to my Soft-Synth Collection.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Anyone else getting the occasional maxed/peaking meters when adding a new instance of Dune 2 in Studio One Mac?

I still get them, I'm running 2.07 full.

Edit/clarification: The maxed meters stay maxed when it occurs and there is a short loud snap. Have to to restart DAW after this happens, but this so far has fixed it. Occasional meaning here that sometimes adding an instance works just fine.
Last edited by raymondwave on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

raymondwave wrote:Anyone else getting the occasional maxed/peaking meters when adding a new instance of Dune 2 in Studio One Mac?

I still get them, I'm running 2.07 full.
i get cpu overloads, and/or stuttering occasionally with a second (or 3rd) instance of dune2 (in logic X). depends on the patch...so, sometimes am bouncing the part to audio.

still, worth it. dune 2 SOUNDS great, am really enjoying it...

Actually I also get maxed meters when loading projects with Dune 2 on them. Sometimes instances are peaking red immediately, but I guess loading a project is a bit of the same as adding instances.

Last edited by jsljustin on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”