Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

idfpower wrote:Umm, call me stupid, but...how exactly can these be set as the synth's GUI?
You have to replace the original images with the new ones.

This works just as it would if there were an external skin folder, the only difference is that in this case the skin folder is integrated in the DLL.

To swap the images you can, for example, use Explorer Suite. I recommend this one because it is free and also supports 64bit PEs. (Many others do only 32bit.) You can obtain it here.

The HowTo is pretty straightforward too: You simply drag the DLL into Explorer Suite, go to the 'Resource Editor' option, open the PNG folder, rightclick the image-to-be-replaced, select 'Replace Resource', then navigate to the replacement image and thats it. Do this for all images that are to be replaced, then save the DLL.

Heres a little visual aid:

Yeah, just like I thought: the dll must be altered (changed) to make it work. Well, thanks for the info :) Sounds like fun :)

idfpower wrote:Yeah, just like I thought: the dll must be altered
In a sense thats true. But in effect it is no different from swapping an image in an external skin folder, i.e. you are not actually 'hacking' anything. (Which is what many people who dont understand the process tend to think.)

ENV1 wrote:In a sense thats true. But in effect it is no different from swapping an image in an external skin folder, i.e. you are not actually 'hacking' anything. (Which is what many people who dont understand the process tend to think.)
Yeah, I wasn't talking about hacking either, just that the whole process (as simple & straight forward as it may seem to some folks) is beyond my abilities :) Having a step-by-step guide helps a lot though, I'll try it later :) Thanks again for the help :)

UPDATE: ok, this kicks ass :) It took about 1 min for the whole process (hey, I'm a slow reader) and the skin looks KILLER :) Yupi :)

Thank you for this fun little synth!

ENV1 wrote:
Maadfoo wrote:
although...the font of the headlines could be another.
I totally agree.

Thats exactly why i want to try something else there.

(The headers are more or less a 'leftover' from a quick&cheap design i did based on the MauSynth skin i made a few weeks ago. (See screenshot.) I didnt like the result though, so i tried something else.)

can you upload this one too? or pm it ?i love it !

K82 wrote:can you upload this one too?
Sure, why not.

I also have two more that i can throw in while im at it.

(Not my personal favorites, but maybe somebody else likes one of them.)

ENV1 wrote:
K82 wrote:can you upload this one too?
Sure, why not.

I also have two more that i can throw in while im at it.

(Not my personal favorites, but maybe somebody else likes one of them.)

Great! where is the link ? : )

K82 wrote:Great! where is the link ? : )
Patience mon ami.

I have to make a few adaptions to the backgrounds first, then pack it all up and upload it to the hosting service.

Check back in a couple of days. :)

Very good GUIs :) Again, congratz for a really good job :)

Now if I only could find a way to pack all the available banks for it in just 1 giant bank... ummm :)

I just programmed a more or less authentic semi-acoustic guitar emulation, maybe appropriate for Jazz, Latin etc. In case anyone cares, the program file is here...
https://app.box.com/s/fyy5tu83xgz8t336ue9n

Play with pitch bender and velocity to be more expressive :)

Anyone know how I can get the presets to show up in REAPER?

*** never mind. got it.

thanks fluffy we need more presets for this bad boy

Havent red tall the replys , but anyone else here who wishes for a midi learn function for this Synth? :?:

schnibbelkram wrote:Havent red tall the replys , but anyone else here who wishes for a midi learn function for this Synth? :?:
Yes, of course. :)

Return to “Instruments”