Modelonia 2.0 VST Beta (don't mind this old thread)

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Modelonia

FREE DOWNLOAD
(currently only Windows VSTi, Mac AU beta may come later ***Chrome may display a warning message before downloading, you can safely ignore it***)
Updated to Modelonia 1.94 please read the install info inside the zip, "NUSofting Data" no more used.

Please report bugs and impressions

liqih wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - I think I like the Brass Explorer best myself - here's what I can do with it:

Wow! Very avantgarde and expressive, remind me of Boulez and beyond, to be appreciated by a wider audience I suggest to make
a less "piercing" mix, maybe tweak EQ so that it's not so agressive?

Please share more!
Yes they are all influences - I agree about the mix but mixing is not something I'm confident about doing.

For the beta, no more reports, anybody?

i'll try this and get back to you!

I think I might actually get around to trying this out over the next week or so. Just downloaded latest beta, and bumping.

Good, <wink>

Thanks

liqih wrote:For the beta, no more reports, anybody?
still no sound in minihost :shrug:

pwal wrote:
liqih wrote:For the beta, no more reports, anybody?
still no sound in minihost :shrug:
Yes, I don't know why, <sigh>, it plays in every other

yeah weird :? plays in every other here, too

It would be nice if it could remember folders for presets - I have over 400 of them and would prefer to be able to organise them into smaller subfolders but the load button just opens at the root all the time. Also the arrow keys still don't go forwards and back from the last preset you loaded but go back to the previous preset loaded and then the next one to that (as well as ignoring subfolders) which means you are constantly going back and forth to load presets - also it's still very fiddly loading and saving stuff - I also don't like the arrows for load/save - I keep forgetting which is which

ok, those sound reasonable: subfolders and remember the last to start from,
will do. (let's see if subfolders search is not too painful to do, <wink>)

now checking better, it seems that the arrow keys just follows the number of the preset slot, there are 512 preset slots, that means that a bank can be max 512 presets,
and when you load a preset by the Modelonia load dialog [ /\ /\ /\ ]
you are uploading a new preset in the selected slot, the number doesn't change thus the arrow keys go from that. Make sense?

this is a suggestion for v2: you really should provide a possibility to import tunings!

cheers, akj

AKJ wrote:this is a suggestion for v2: you really should provide a possibility to import tunings!

cheers, akj
Thanks, but it would not be 100% reliable, one of the flaw or feature of Modelonia
is that any preset must be designed for a range of 2 or 3 octaves, due to the complexity
of the algorithms it's not able (yet) to have the same timbre over more than 3 or 4 octaves at best,
actually that should be expected, being Physical Modeling, even real instruments rarely span
more than 3 octaves keeping the timbre. Also the tuning varies to some degrees.

liqih wrote:
AKJ wrote:this is a suggestion for v2: you really should provide a possibility to import tunings!

cheers, akj
Thanks, but it would not be 100% reliable, one of the flaw or feature of Modelonia
is that any preset must be designed for a range of 2 or 3 octaves, due to the complexity
of the algorithms it's not able (yet) to have the same timbre over more than 3 or 4 octaves at best,
actually that should be expected, being Physical Modeling, even real instruments rarely span
more than 3 octaves keeping the timbre. Also the tuning varies to some degrees.
but what would be the harm if you allowed the import of e.g. scala files, and the result is the result (maybe, optimize it for one octave up and dowm from middle C). It can always be manually fine-tuned...

Return to “NUSofting”