Output formats in the pro version - saving SFZ

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elcallio wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:18 pmNo.
Are there any plans for native support of SFZ export?

No.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for your quick response elcallio, hopefully mccy will come up with something, especially now that we also have the MIDI generator function...

_TIP_ wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm Is this still workiing with TX16Wx v3?
That was 1/3rd of the original reasons I'm a registered fanboy :oops: - was because I'd like to make sample banks most DAWs can accept.

As a workaround, will earlier TX16Wx versions such as the x2 series be acceptable for making simple samplebanks that will be used to convert to SFZ?

I'd think a user base could be organized to make simple converters because of the underlying, universal specification of the format, but quite frankly I couldn't make it through the Skinning guide even :hihi:

So the last question might have been to ask if the v3 Pro serial will work on v2?

So far this is a WONDERFUL SAMPLER and I DO want to know the exact capabilities before I lead some more of the world to your door. :hug:

No. The v3 licence gives you access to pro features in v3 as well as v4 whenever that comes.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I think that elcallio was not happy with my converter program... I never intended to build something which was not in the sense of the inventor of this beautiful sampler. Now, that V3 seems to be lighter on DSP for me it is not that necessary to have that conversion anymore and my time is short, so don't wait for an update of the converter...

If you really need the conversion, you could use the free V2 version, I think. But it doens't seem to run in parallell... Or did I implement any pro features needed for building nice & simple SFZ? I think not.

Seems odd that something useful like SFZ conversion is changed to "gone" status yet the IDs to run v2 and 3 parallel are the same?

I can see where it might be difficult to convert some of the more complicated aspects.

So the v2 Free workaround will be fine for me I think.

As for people expecting to make use of the underlying universal format, where can they go for more information to try themselves?

I'm going to put Extreme Sample converter on my ToDo list and never have to worry because all the options are there except 64-bit initial support sampling VSTis. That's another $50 and I ain't got it!

Still thanks for the answers for now :) mccy it's already done a great deal of good for me, that converter; thanks.

Nothing is gone. mccy:s converter will not work because the program format has evolved in v3, that is all. If he'd like to, it would probably not be difficult to fix, but v3 has somewhat more complicated sound elements relations that need to be considered.
SFZ conversion has never been a core TX feature. The core TX feature is an _open_ file format that you can do what you want with. I.e. not be locked in or lost should the product die.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Hm, OK, so maybe I'll have a look at it again. As i am not a Programmer all I did in tx16wx was much too complecated, I think, but maybe I'll find what irritates it.

But the basic tx mappings are not compatible with V2, are they? Could I load tx3 basic Instrument in tx2?

No.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Thanks!

mccy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 pm Hm, OK, so maybe I'll have a look at it again.
Thank you mccy, now we can at least hope for a new version of your wonderful converter!!! I personally can't thank you enough for even saying that you might take a look again, this is a very useful tool for me many others i believe! All I personally need to convert is just the mapping, no ADSR,Filters,FX etc... needed. So, "pitch_keycenter", "lokey", "hikey", "lovel", "hive'l" and of course "sample" is more than enough.
Good luck my friend and if you need any help down the road for testing the tool, i would love to help you accomplish that :hug:

Me too mccy!
Years ago my niece sang a bunch of Ahhs, to make a sample choir. Last year she died; she was a 30-year old nurse and a beautiful woman. :(
She had already recorded five songs and in tribute of course I want to make a few samplebanks and give one of them to her mother.

It's hard to get people to understand that someone mapping a samplebank might want to share it and it needn't be a colossus of scripts. Just a well exported mellotron is way good enough for a lot of people.
In a format others can use.

Because of the happiness of hearing her voice as a choir (my last attempt which can be greatly improved to remove background noise and re-pitch) my neighbors all want to record their own oohs and aahhs and have me give them a bank too.

If you think that's crazy, my niece's lead vocal on two songs will be used to vocode that choir! An A-list company donated a very nice Vocoder when they heard about it.

Sure, maybe there's other workarounds to exporting a universal sample instrument, but just know people using your tool, it isn't dumb stuff, it's real meaningful and in a way fulfills her work while she was with us. A couple notes were autotuned back then, but I'll do my level best to reveal her happy days singing like the angel she was and I do believe, is.

Thank you for your feedback!
I'm working in it with good progress.

mccy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 pm Thank you for your feedback!
I'm working in it with good progress.
Those are amazing news, thank you so much mccy!!!

Return to “CWITEC”