Hydrasynth

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks so much everyone for troubleshooting Hydrasynth MPE.

If possible, can anyone share a video playing some musical on Hydrasynth with Linnstrument? So far the videos are bug demonstrations. I’d love to see how they play together. Thanks!

There are loads in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=263&t=443595&sid=e1e2e8 ... d6abc25c6e

Whoops, sorry misread your post!

There are probably none there :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

ChrisGuichet wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 pm Thanks so much everyone for troubleshooting Hydrasynth MPE.

If possible, can anyone share a video playing some musical on Hydrasynth with Linnstrument? So far the videos are bug demonstrations. I’d love to see how they play together. Thanks!
I just did this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFPsGyhBSy ... v4c8m5xbrp

Thanks so much for that video! It sounds really great!! :phones: :phones: . The sounds reminds me of the lead on this song "Mirror Temple - Mirror Magic Mix" from the video game Celeste

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
LarsDaniel wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:18 am
ChrisGuichet wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 pm Thanks so much everyone for troubleshooting Hydrasynth MPE.

I just did this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFPsGyhBSy ... v4c8m5xbrp (https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFPsGyhBSy/?igshid=16ov4c8m5xbrp)
Thats a nice demo! Could you demonstrate some polyphonic playing?

Currently I am using the Novation Peak, which is not MPE-compatible right now. Therefore the Hydrasynth seems to be good option.

BobDog wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm Hi Guys,

The HS with MPE and mono patches is a bit buggy and these bugs were not fixed in 1.4.
So I got fed up with these bugs and wrote a little app that runs on the computer that fixes the issues when you run the midi through it, if anyone is interested they can grab it here: https://github.com/IOSAudio/HydrasynthMonoMPE

There are unsigned binaries for windows and OSX, or if you don't like unsigned stuff you can build it yourself.
Here is a vid showing the bugs and fix in action:
https://youtu.be/XrhZ-G1lQtY
Hi Andy,

So, I had someone's attention at ASM recently, and took the opportunity to mention the above bugs. A brief conversation ensued, and I forwarded a copy of your video to them. They got back to me within the hour, acknowledged the problem directly, and said that they were "working on it". Colour me hopeful... :pray:

Sufficed to say, if they fix these issues, the Hydrasynth will be my next purchase.

Cheers!

Fingers crossed, I have spoken to their support twice about it already though!

I don't know who handles their customer support, but this person was higher up in the company, and queued-up the MPE conversation of their own volition somewhat boastfully; so, it was an opportune moment to corner them with these concerns. The point landed. There were some sheepish looks. :wink:

Anyway, yes, fingers crossed...

Cheers!

Sounds good John, fingers and toes crossed :)

hi,

noob to this forum (and *almost* to the linnstrument, as i plan on buying one soon).

my plan is to use a hydrasynth desktop with a linnstrument 128.

for those who are doing that, how are you powering the linnstrument, since it has no power jack?

tia.

Hello Steubig, I believe the solution is to connect the MIDI Out Jack of the Linny to MIDI In of the Hydrasynth. Then, connect the USB Jack of the Linny to a USB Power Supply using a USB cable. The Linny will receive power through the USB Jack and send MIDI through the MIDI Jack. Make sure you set the Linny to send MIDI through the MIDI jack. It's one of the settings on the bottom row of the device.

I will order a hydra desktop and I would like to know if they are some mpe cc smoothing:
How Hydra reacts to fast pressure?
No zipper noise or too much smoothing.
The linnstrument can give a really fast pressure from 0 to 127, but how Hydra will respond, if, for example, pressure is assign to vca level.
( the attack will be to slow or some zipper noise occurs or every thing is fine-:))
Thanks in advance!
YY
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:16 am I will order a hydra desktop and I would like to know if they are some mpe cc smoothing:
The linnstrument can give a really fast pressure from 0 to 127, but how Hydra will respond, if, for example, pressure is assign to vca level.
( the attack will be to slow or some zipper noise occurs or every thing is fine-:))
Thanks in advance!
YY
I don't hear any stepping or "zipper noise" when modulating the VCA or the Filter Frequency with pressure or the Y-axis. The Hydrasynth is very smooth when responding to modulation, even when it's very quick or deep. It responds very quickly as well, and there are even options for slowing it down if you prefer.

EakEak wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:30 am
Whywhy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:16 am I will order a hydra desktop and I would like to know if they are some mpe cc smoothing:
Thanks in advance!
YY
I don't hear any stepping or "zipper noise" when modulating the VCA or the Filter Frequency with pressure or the Y-axis. The Hydrasynth is very smooth when responding to modulation, even when it's very quick or deep. It responds very quickly as well, and there are even options for slowing it down if you prefer.
Thanks a lot, it's been months I was trying to get a response but nobody was able to respond... I will order one first week of January!
Best
YY

EakEak wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:30 am
Thanks in advance!
YY
Do you use with Via a daw or directly: Linnstrument to Hydra, I received my Hdra desktop and I connected it directly via midi and I can ear midi jitter, step, with pressure to amp or to mixer. I can leave with that, just need to adapt my patches..
Best
YY

Return to “Roger Linn Design”