Swarm - New GUI for Hive2 [OUT NOW]

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:07 pm Thanks, excellent update! I like the new FX section and the Mod Matrix numbering is much more logical now. :tu:

I've settled on this color combination:

Ploki Hive.png
This looks really great! :tu:

https://we.tl/t-fiqqD1jHIN 0.9.8D [demo]

There's now an option in Color pane to use two styles of FX section:
- Original dark pane that comes with color coded knobs
- New design without panes that follows knob color settings of other knobs

Pane off

Pane on

at this point i should probably stop with GUI switches, it's turning into an editor of its own :lol:

Good update. :tu:
The new FX section is definitely an improvement (or, a step into the right direction). One thing I noticed is that, at the moment, there is not much difference between an FX pane that is turned ON and another one that is turned OFF, so this is difficult to see (see picture attached). I know that this issue is really tricky, and I don't have a solution to this either. :shrug:

Another problem that I have (and maybe it is really only me), is that all those parameters/labels are so tiny. I know this is due to the fact that Hive 2 is packed with features and parameters, and when everything is put on one page, there is a lot going on in the GUI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

With the new version - i. e. v0.9.8 - I get these strange artefacts. As soon as you touch an element (knob, fader, ...), its immediate surroundings become brighter.
The funny thing is that, when you grab the plugin window at the top and move the window around quickly, or shake it (like a polaroid picture), then all these brighter areas disappear again. It's like a magic trick. :)
This did not happen with the previous versions, and it only happens when "DARKER" is active, so it must be related to that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-musician wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm Good update. :tu:
The new FX section is definitely an improvement (or, a step into the right direction). One thing I noticed is that, at the moment, there is not much difference between an FX pane that is turned ON and another one that is turned OFF, so this is difficult to see (see picture attached). I know that this issue is really tricky, and I don't have a solution to this either. :shrug:

Another problem that I have (and maybe it is really only me), is that all those parameters/labels are so tiny. I know this is due to the fact that Hive 2 is packed with features and parameters, and when everything is put on one page, there is a lot going on in the GUI.
I think with the FX set to "On" it's much better. The darker background makes the "off" state look more off and the text contrast becomes much better. Just my two cents. I suppose the "off" transparency could be made darker. Or make it solid and just have it display background of the FX with no knobs.

I'm actually really happy with the current state of this though. At least for my own uses.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:44 am at this point i should probably stop with GUI switches, it's turning into an editor of its own :lol:
Yes, don't make it too complicated. :)

By the way, does "custom knobs" always mean "gold"?

And - this might be a general question not related to the skin at all but rather to u-he synths in general - is there a way to make the font size in the preset browser larger?

Once again, I would like to stress that I really have the highest respect for your skills and your efforts. I keep my fingers crossed that you can make it commercially available. You deserve it. :tu:

One more thing ... I just couldn't resist ... Sorry :D

[screenshot mockups]

e-musician wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:08 pm One more thing ... I just couldn't resist ... Sorry :D

[screenshot mockups]
check the new versions for FX they should look better re: on/off and stuff :)

you know, i was thinking about the blue version a lot and your screen shot got me wondering if i can make it in 10 minutes, and apparently i can :lol:

re: custom knobs:
they were meant to be as place holders for user DIY images, i just made them gold for some reason

i'm not sure what's the white stuff around knobs :scared: which version are you running?

Ploki wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 pm i'm not sure what's the white stuff around knobs :scared: which version are you running?
I am using the current version v0.9.8D.

The bug I am talking about was introduced with v.0.9.8, in the previous versions this did not happen.

To reproduce:
1. Turn "DARKER" mode ON.
2. Now touch a knob, or a fader, or the waveform selector ...

It seems that these elements are losing their DARKER layer.

I am on Windows 10.

The FX section [ON/OFF] looks good now ( v.0.9.8D ).

Which hive version?

I can’t reproduce on Mac, and there’s nothing i changed regarding darker switch Either 🫠

Ploki wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:55 pm Which hive version?

I can’t reproduce on Mac, and there’s nothing i changed regarding darker switch Either 🫠
Can confirm. Possibly a different Windows overlay bug. Wasn't using Dark Mode before but tried this out and was able to reproduce.

This is Windows 10, latest Hive build (with CLAP), VST2 version.

can someone test with previous hive build?

Ploki wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:55 pm Which hive version?
HIVE 2.1.1 | REV 12092 | VST2

Also, textures "Metal" and ""Hex" don't seem to work anymore - whereas "Light" does.

When I return to SWARM v.0.9.7a, everything works fine.
So something must have happened between 0.9.7 and 0.9.8.

Metal should work but i decreased contrast just a little on the pane - also Metal is overlaid only over the top part, i don't like this as much, but i'm not sure how to do it with the new FX section. :?
i mean i have a clue - it just complicates it a tiny bit since i need to make a separate FX script that switches it when you're on the FX layer.

Hex however i screwed up the export so it's blank, i just noticed it. :dog:
I think I understated Metal layer a bit.

i'm not sure what could've happened with the darker thing :dog: I didn't touch the script for that layer, nor darken overlay settings nor changed anything in the export settings so i'm not sure what to do to try to make it work again

looks like the .98d link has expired?

Return to “u-he”