does one / solo respond to note off commands?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed that when you play ONE/Solo in slice / non-groove mode that it seems to play the whole slice, no matter what the length of your note is. Is there a way around this? I've tried using the midi controller code 7 (volume) to cut the note short this doesn't stop the note as such rather just turning it volume down for the given period of time across the whole instrument rather than the given note. any ideas?
Dextrus

Bit puzzled as it seems to work fine in the build I have here...

Regards
Dave

I'll try and send you a MIDI file ( and relevant REX file) as an example.
Dextrus

Sure, no problem - send them over. However if it is working fine with the REX loops I imported at this end, I'm sure your REX loop will work fine too...

just to confirm - with your build, you are able a portion of a slice in a rex loop as well as whole slices ?
Dextrus

I can import a REX file, turn loop mode off and play slices directly rather than in sequence. The slices respond to note offs correctly, cutting off when I release the key. The release time after the note off is determined by the release time set on Amp Envelope release parameter - it all seems to work just fine.

ONE/solo uses the same sample playback mode when loop mode is on too - so if you speed up the tempo the slices are cut off and don't play out, otherwise the loop would become a jumble of overlapping slices.

Regards
Dave

Okay, I'll check my amp envelope release settings, then.
Dextrus

I just checked - It's got nothing to do with the settings - it's down to a plugin that I've written that maps midi commands of one type to another. It currently handles the note on commands but not the note off commands, because once I removed the plugin from my song, it worked fine.
Dextrus

Return to “Muon Software”