VST Host WinAmp DSP Plugin

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dark Alchemist wrote:Want to know 2 that doesn't work but does work in every daw I own? EmuPowerFX.dll (that is for we 0404/1212/1820 E-MU card owners as it allows all VST compliant applications to use the internal hardware effects). EmuPowerFX.dll girgles and stutters badly.
SoundSoapVST.dll simply has no sound out and eventually will crash Winamp.
I guess it's because WinAMP queries the audio data as fast as it could. 2 Seconds directly and the rest on demand. In that case there are bursts vs. continous streaming (more or less) in DAW-Applications. Maybe it's possible to relax it, but for the moment I'm quite satisfied with it.
Dark Alchemist wrote:Oh, I was wondering if you are going to add VST chaining into this?
Maybe one day, but there are several chaining plugins out there, why not use one of them?

yeah, use eXT or something like that. it's such a simple and focussed plug, adding stuff like that to it would make it bigger and have more stuff to debug. besides, you'd probably end up saying "actually, i wish its chaining behaved a bit more like *some chaining plugin*" anyway.

cheers for the cool tool christian. i set the playback buffer smaller so that parameter changes respond more quickly, and it's a lot of fun mangling the shit out of music for no reason. :)
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Christian Budde wrote:
Dark Alchemist wrote:Want to know 2 that doesn't work but does work in every daw I own? EmuPowerFX.dll (that is for we 0404/1212/1820 E-MU card owners as it allows all VST compliant applications to use the internal hardware effects). EmuPowerFX.dll girgles and stutters badly.
SoundSoapVST.dll simply has no sound out and eventually will crash Winamp.
I guess it's because WinAMP queries the audio data as fast as it could. 2 Seconds directly and the rest on demand. In that case there are bursts vs. continous streaming (more or less) in DAW-Applications. Maybe it's possible to relax it, but for the moment I'm quite satisfied with it.
I bet if I could time the stuttering/girgling that it would indeed be 2 seconds between. Sure would love to be able to use my hardware effects or Soap within Winamp. Maybe one day. :)

haydxn: Have a link to that eXT? I have never heard of it.

Dark Alchemist wrote:haydxn: Have a link to that eXT? I have never heard of it.
Never heard of energyXT? :o :-o :shock:

(warning: clicking on the above link may change your life)

(or at least the way you work ;))
the the impotence of proofreading

Yep, I had that at one time and had no use for it until now (I am salivating).

eXT I was like wth is that but EnergyXT I know.

Thanks for the really speedy reply.

New version: http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/VST/dsp_vst.zip

Larger plugins can be oversampled now (enable "enhance"). This will result in less aliasing. Additional a TDF Dither and simple noiseshaper is introduced. To compensate the more in CPU usage, I rewrote some parts for a better performance. That's it!
If you like that new feature you can donate money (>5€) for making it available for every plugin and remember the setting.

Everything as a list:

- can oversample
- has dither
- is faster
- please donate

Christian

Great job on this. I'm using right now.

This is long over due.

Cheers.

Christian, this is great! Can you make a Winamp plugin wrapper or adapter so I can use Winamp audio plugins and video plugins in VST slots? :)

I'm not kidding, it would be nice to also have the opposite way you have gone so VST hosts can try Winamp plugin developers' creations!

will it work with the Shoutcast DSP?
the broadcasting thing-y
would beC ool to broadcast as I mix

I'm getting an error in the latest version of Winamp when I try and load this. A pop-up window says 'This is not a valid VST!"

Any ideas?
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Here everything works fine with the latest winamp version. Anyway the error message depends on the VST-DLL. Yet it doesn't work with VST 2.4 plugins (if they are 2.4 only). If your interested in a new version, please provide further details.

Christian

Aixcoustic Creations wrote:Here everything works fine with the latest winamp version. Anyway the error message depends on the VST-DLL. Yet it doesn't work with VST 2.4 plugins (if they are 2.4 only). If your interested in a new version, please provide further details.

Christian
What other details do you want to know? the thing won't load..says it's not a valid VST.

Winamp 5 v5.32
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Hmm... "this"..."thing" ..., what VST plugin are you trying to load into "VST Host WinAmp DSP"? Is it Winamp which is giving this error message when you are trying to add/install this "VST Host WinAmp DSP Plugin" into Winamp or is it VST Host Winamp when trying to configure it for some VST?

Juha

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”