Miles'tone VST trumpet - Official Release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
do you like trumpets? I'm approaching a physical model of a trumpet in VST. Don't expect something fancy, just a simple instrument for a single sound.
No samples used, so the sound is very expressive but I'm just at the beginning and I'm sure the thing requires some more tweaking.

If you own a masterkeyboard with aftertouch, or better a Yamaha BC-3 breath controller, you can test the plugin properly.

Thanks,
Guido.

[EDIT]

Final version is ready. Now you can jump at page 72 of this thread :lol:
Last edited by ZioKiller on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

i love trumpets!!!!!!!!but dont' meet the requirements for testing your plugin.

:-o
damn, Guido...
both demos are very expressive, congratulations again and again.
both sounds are almost there..a bit cold maybe but I love the shrieks from the second mp3.

Ciao Guido :)
working on breath controllers, here.
If you want, I can test the plug a bit...

Quinto

Hey Quinto! Send me an email, I will send you a download link for this plugin.

Ah and... a Sax model is on the way... :)

http://www.soundfonts.it/store/sax_vst.mp3

Email sent...

HI Zio. Greetings form italy. I would like to help you out on the plugin. I Have an old Yamaha BC1 Breath Controller, Hope it will work...

I'm very interested... The sax is cool :) Bit too much breath noise on that sample, but very promising... Sounds like a diger-i-sax :)

I might want to try and test it. I have E-MU Xboard49 at teh studio and it has aftertouch. Still need help?
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

i think it would be cool if you could put it up so a lot of people could test it and report back and stuff. :)

very impressive sir!

The trumpets need a little something to brighten them, but that might just be the preset you are using. Sounds a little like a light mute is being used.

The sax is good. I like the breathiness :)

DSP

Hi Guido,
would also be glad to be allowed to give your instruments a try (have both a keyboard with aftertouch and a breath controller here).

Greetings,
NothanUmber

ZioKiller wrote:New sample:
http://www.soundfonts.it/store/trumpet_vst_3.mp3

is it better now?
The last little flourish sounds fantastic.. The sustained notes seem more synthetic than the last demo. The Attacks are pretty good but might need to have a touch more randomisation to them.. i achieved this in stringz by using a chorus as the tuned line which meant that each note had a different phase (gave the impression of the different directions of the bow) .. Might work for this to achieve the different blow response..

Its sounding very good, once again you are proving that SE can be more than just a VA lego kit..!

ah ah ah ..the last example made me laugh...I don't know if it's afamous song, it was used for a popular soccer TV Show here in <italy in the past...;-)

Sounds great Guido, I tested it this afternoon in MInihost with No Problems, the Breatch Controller is working right...!!!

Return to “Instruments”