AMG ONE now shipping at www.samples4.com

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you may have seen on the main page, our collaboration with hotshot sample CD producers AMG has born fruit again :D

I'm pleased to announce that the AMG ONE loop instrument (x86 VSTi, OSX VSTi, OSX AU) is now available to buy at www.samples4.com. The current price is £150/$250/EUR225, and discounts are available for existing AMG virtual instrument customers.

Like the other AMG virtual instruments Kick Ass Brass and ONE/solo, ONE is based on Muon Software's advanced Tachyon sampler engine. The engine used in ONE has been heavily customised in order to take loop manipulation to a new level.

Key features:-

* 8 part multi-timbral

* Powerful resonant multi-mode filters, 4x 64 bit FX processors

* Fully indexed searchable, sortable 4.5gb professional sample library

* Also loads Propellerhead Recycle™ REX and REX2 files & ACIDized® loops plus WAV and AIFF files

* Loops automatically sync to host tempo

* Integrated live preview in browser, previews native ONE files and imported AIF/WAV/ACID/REX at host tempo

* Loops can be easily customised, layered and tweaked

* TR-style step sequencer per channel

* Low CPU use

I'd be happy to answer any questions below, and the full manual for ONE plus demos are available at:-

http://www.samples4.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=718

Cheers
Dave
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

"In browser" preview ?

I think you mentioned that One would have this, Dave - it's an important feature for many, so it might be worth adding to your bullet points :-)

congratulations on the launch :D

Pretty much anything in ONE's browser can be previewed, with the exception of FX patches and Multis. Native ONE patch files are previewed with all features fully working, so if you've made a tricked-out patch with synth settings, wave edits, step sequencer parts etc. all playing it will be previewed exactly as it would be played.

You're right, I should have that on the bullet list!

Cheers
Dave

Dave - any idea when we will have a downloadable demo ?
I am champing at the bit here :D

hi ! i bought already the KAB from AMG recently and i'm pretty happy with what i've got for the money. but, i would like to know if ONE is missinbg the same item that i was already missing on KAB: a master-detune possibility. i'm working a lot on old analog stuff that has been converted to digital. many of these productions are a bit out of tune ... just so much that i can't use any KAB on them. for teh same reason i need to know now if i can do the detuning with ONE, otherwise i would have to wait for an update of this device ... as much as i'm looking forward to it.

would be nice to know your answer ...

The VSTi demos for OSX and Windows are done, but we've got a bug in the AU version which is causing me to tear my hair out right now. I'm sure it'll soon be sorted but I can't say when for obvious reasons.

There will be some video demos of ONE in action posted shortly, watch this space.
need to know now if i can do the detuning with ONE
No, there's no master tune parameter in ONE or KAB.

Cheers
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
The VSTi demos for OSX and Windows are done, but we've got a bug in the AU version which is causing me to tear my hair out right now. I'm sure it'll soon be sorted but I can't say when for obvious reasons.
once all your hair is finished ?? :shrug:

:hihi:

i'd like to know is is it possible to buy one or one/solo today...where and how, is there a download link other than the demo of one/solo, i want to pay and get the app imediately, is there a store in los angeles where either can be bought?

i'd like to know if one supports drag and drop of the midi file into the host when i use a rex/rx2 file (as in phatmatik pro)
thanx

Drag and drop doesn't work reliably in all hosts, so it isn't implemented.

I wonder will it be possible to load, say, normal - not acidised or whateva, wavs in 24bit or 32bit and loop them within AMG One? as opposed to AMG Solo... I don't use rex or acidised wavs so I found it utterly useless for me.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

You can load in WAV or AIFF files (any bit depth) but they play back like a traditional sampler and won't automatically sync to tempo. The algorithms used by ONE need either ACID slice markers or REX slice markers for the timestretching/pitch shifting to work.

You might want to try the Ilio product when it starts shipping, that is capable of high quality time stretching/pitch shifting with any source material.

HTH
Dave

I asked the wrong question... :oops:. What I wanted to know is if AMG One is able to load a normal wav and not just loop/stretch/pitch it, but -slice- it within AMG One :D. That would be absolutely smashing. From your post, I understand that's not possible, but I'd like a confirmation. If you can implement the slicing, AMG One would be a much much better deal. This way, it seems a bit unfinished to me, although the possibilities with acidised and rexed wavs are vast, but if you want professionals to buy it, you should focus more on plain wavs, as the rex files are pretty much low quality and -not so many- people use Acid for their work.

AMG One has a potential of being the most ultimate beat looper there is, that's for sure, though :D.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

ONE doesn't slice - the interface really isn't suitable for this task. There are plenty of other products that would be better suited to slicing beats where you really need a larger interface to work in.

Regards
Dave

you don't need a large interface to slice in.... please please please understand that most folks who utilize slicing came from a hardware background and are used to small workspaces.... its not at all necessary to be able to full screen your page ala recycle just to do some sample slicing and sample mapping..... this feature is very important to diehard samplist.

Return to “Muon Software”