Earth Blues

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ahhh, where's the link gone?

I'm so glad you posted that. It was actually closer to my original intentions than the finished track.

The drummer from my old band(s) came over recently. He sat down at my kit and I sat down at my keyboards, and we jammed - first time we'd played music together in 5 years, and the first time we'd played spontaneous music in 8 years. It was a pretty strange feeling, being timewarped backwards like that, but it felt absolutely f**king fantastic. I got the same feeling from listening to your take on my track, i.e.'real' physical instruments being played at the same time by more than one person. (What a radical idea, eh? :hihi: )

I don't particularly think I'm "good enough" to give up the day job, but, as a result of these experiences, I've decided to try to do it anyway. I'm giving myself 6-12 months to get everything in place, then I'm going back to music.

so, er, thanks! :oops: :D

wowsers, good for you mate, go for it - jobs, income, houses, all over-rated anyway...:wink:

...work, commuting, mortgages, physical inactivity, perpetually occupied with things you don't actually want to be doing, constant tiredness and lethargy, heavy drinking...;)

clueless wrote:...constant tiredness and lethargy, heavy drinking...;)
you mean there's an alternative?

anyway, in all seriousness good luck to you (I realise I'm not renowned for my sincerity but I do mean that).

clueless wrote:...work, commuting, mortgages, physical inactivity, perpetually occupied with things you don't actually want to be doing, constant tiredness and lethargy, heavy drinking...;)
very brave though mate, i tried to go the "do what you love" route, but then fell in love and ended up going back to the "do what bores you but gives you stabililty" route again.

shame, good luck though.

CypherOne wrote:wowsers, good for you mate, go for it - jobs, income, houses, all over-rated anyway...:wink:
till you dont have them :cry:

blaster78 wrote:very brave though mate
it's a manifestation of sheer terror actually... :wink:

rebuilding my links and revamping the vurtual world I live in... things had to change.
Don't they always have to change?
Things will return, everything is circular blah blah.

Sheer terror, if it wasn't for all the responsibilities I've aquired, I'd still be playing at a the local pub. (Just as poorly I imagine)

Did you catch my short screenplay scene before I erased it :lol:
for entertaining porpoises only

dunder wrote:Sheer terror, if it wasn't for all the responsibilities I've aquired, I'd still be playing
for me, it's because of all the responsibilities I've acquired... :)
dunder wrote:Did you catch my short screenplay scene before I erased it :lol:
I hope the old man got his guitar fixed :D

clueless wrote: I hope the old man got his guitar fixed :D
You know, the term "shredding guitar" holds a far different meaning to me (my fingers are still recovering)

I'm acknowledging my guitar-playing days are over, and I should stick with either note-entry, simple keyboard work, or find another hobby.

There's a wedding in the family today, at least thats a distraction.

dunder wrote:There's a wedding in the family today, at least thats a distraction.
don't forget to take your guitar! :D

big decision john ... more strength to you for wanting to take the plunge !!!

(heehee ... told the missus yet ??? )

... bit of a bugger really though ... were thinking of getting an extension built next year and zoe asked me if i knew any architects ...

slainte :ud: rob

even tho it will say it on the drawings, please make sure you drum it into your builders heads.....DO NOT SCALE FROM THE DRAWINGS :roll:

a little tip for ya there, will save you lots of problems :wink:

pHz wrote:... bit of a bugger really though ... were thinking of getting an extension built next year and zoe asked me if i knew any architects ...
[£££]of course, I'll probably be needing the occasional job here and there...[/£££]

:oops:

jamming with my new name...

just a small change

Return to “Music Cafe”