Live 6 Rumours?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone?

All I've heard so far is:
headquest wrote:Multicore / dual core processor support is confirmed.

Judging by the efficiency and business pattern Ableton have established we should be looking at an announcement this month, public beta testing over July and an August launch. To some extent that is guess work though, because all they have officially said is that the launch itself will be in Q3 - i.e. by September at the latest.

In terms of rumours, I would not be suprised to see video support, possibly a new instrument and a handful of effects...
I just want the MIDI/pianoroll to be overhauled and the stupid 128 limit on automatable VST params to be fixed for the most part.

Anyone else got some gossip?

I just want the dual core support.

They also really need to add curves to the automation, like in ACID Pro! This is my biggest problem with Live right now.

That and Dual Core support.

And "folder" type tracks would be nice.

Errr, a few more "follow actions" too. :)

and the ability to capture audio/midi grooves and save them as presets a'la Acid, Cubase, Reason etc. :tu:
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

Both views at the same time for us dual monitor users.
Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

HI

A bit more tweaking on the piano-roll would suit me, proper dual montor support as well - I want to throw the piano-roll on my 2nd monitor, or at least use the interface in an extended rather than stretched fashion.

Flipper.

To me, the most important woudl be an improvement of the horizontal mode : being able to slice the clips, to paint clips (or parts of clips), and even to make some clips start to a specified place (not necessarly from the specified start point)...

A print manual would be useful.

But we already have all this !

Oh sorry I thought this was an AcidPro 6 thread :hihi:

Totally self-serving I know, but I hope the Abletons don't spend resources on video support. Rather see them work on the audio production side more and the VJ/DJ side a little less.

Things I'd like to see are:

VST and VSTi when Live is rewire slave
Folder tracks
Clip copy with auto-increment clip range markers
Dual monitor support

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

My Wishes:

Create "Group" from track selection
A nice mixing feature would be to select several tracks then right click and select group. Then the tracks would all send their output to a new audio track called "Group 1". The tracks would all get moved next to each other and and the "group" could be expanded or collapsed to show/hide the group's children tracks. Group tracks could have their own scenes that play all the clips in the group's row.
This is bascially an encapsulation idea for all you OO heads out there. It's a bit like a folder track for all you conventional types. Actaully the ability to click-shrink/click-expand any track in the session view would help too.

Envelope tracks:
This would be a track dedicated to clips that only control automation envelopes. You could select an envelope for any device on any track. You could also set the launch settings to play concurrently with other clips in the track (or have some way to trigger more than one automation clip at a time).
This is basically a better way to do "Dummy" clips because you don't have to do any special routing to separate clips to control the devices from the clips that play the audio/midi.

Impulse Mute/Solo envelopes:
When I am playing live I frequently mute or solo drums on the Impulse. However I cannot record these because there is no automation envelope for these paramters.

Beardedone wrote:A print manual would be useful.
I have that for v4...isn't there one for v5? I ordered it separately.

I agre with Riley though, the double view mode would be great. 8)
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

The ability to have multiple (i.e. 20+) channels of audio etc. in the arrange page & to be able to actually arrange (cpy paste etc.) & rearrange without it slowing to a crawl would be cool :D
Dual proc support will be very nice.
I'd like to see better quantise, groove quantize a la cubase SX etc.
TBH i'm pretty happy as stands (apart from the large track count issue - which can be a twat).

Yes improvements to the piano roll and maybe a new instrument.

Beardedone wrote:A print manual would be useful.
Yes, maybe.
I do not have the printed manual version...
And at the moment nearly only used Live for... live. I didn't get easily in horizontal mode, and never found a paint tool (or a way to create a new clip when you never engaged it in vertical mode). And i don't know how to slice a clip in horizontal mode if that one hasn't already been sliced in vertical mode...[/url]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”