Free VSTi: Nostaljia (version 1.1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nostaljia has a very retro sound (could you guess?), like the on-board synthesizers old soundcards of the 90's were equipped with. Prepare for some serious Adlib Soundcard tones!

UPDATE: Version 1.1

Download RAR
Download ZIP
Last edited by Gregjazz on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I used this song today, though the only audible evidence of this is buried at the end of a polka I posted today.

It makes me laugh - I think you nailed the sound perfectly. I'm going to have to show this to Ildon in light of his GM track today.

I was working on a demo for this, 'cause I really like the sound (hehehe...) but it crashed my computer when I hit the play button. :|

In case it's important: I'm on an Emu 0404 with Cakewalk Home Studio 2 running on a Celeron 2.6ghz processor and Windows XP.

Hopefully this can be fixed, because I want to play with this some more.

Thanks for showing me, Runagate. :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

Gregjazz wrote:Image

Nostaljia has a very retro sound (could you guess?), like the on-board synthesizers old soundcards of the 90's were equipped with. Prepare for some serious Adlib Soundcard tones!

Download here

------------

I've had it crash sometimes, I think because of the modules I'm using. Any advice on that would be helpful. My next SE projects I will keep stability in mind. :P
this is gorgeous. i am a huge fan of adlib sounds, and used to use reality's adlib tracker (RADtracker) ... this is very sweet! thanks! love the UI :)
:hug:

and yep it just crashed on me too. any idea if you can fix the crashes? :( i love the sound :)

I found it crashes sometimes when I adjust a control while it's playing. Like I said, I think it could be some modules I am using. It's a pity.

However, if enough people find like it, I could remake it without using the modules I used, and perhaps also more CPU efficient.

Yes, I too am a big fan of that Adlib sound. Most of this VSTi was modelled after the Adlib anyway. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

oh it only happens if you adjust while playing? i can work around that then :)

i love this thing very much. i'd donate to you to continue on it if there is no other interest, greg.

grymmjack wrote:oh it only happens if you adjust while playing? i can work around that then :)

i love this thing very much. i'd donate to you to continue on it if there is no other interest, greg.
Thanks for the offer anyway, but it seems like I should make a next version anyway to fix this crashing problem. :)

I'm also going to be releasing a new VSTi REALLY soon, and I think you guys will love it, too... one hint: it's one of those physically modelled things...

Gregjazz wrote:
grymmjack wrote:oh it only happens if you adjust while playing? i can work around that then :)

Thanks for the offer anyway, but it seems like I should make a next version anyway to fix this crashing problem. :)

I'm also going to be releasing a new VSTi REALLY soon, and I think you guys will love it, too... one hint: it's one of those physically modelled things...
cool :) glad that you are still working on nostaljia. look forward to your next baby :)

now making a nice and funny chip-tune using your Nostaljia, it roxx!

it crashes after a couple of notes..10 seconds of playing and adjusting wavef. lofi wavefo. wavef.2 and fm amount..it crashes even if I'm not djusting while playing ..
i 'm sure this plug will be one of my favorite 3 ones..!!!yeees!!!

Works all fine here in Buzz. Sounds really sweet too :)
the Fm Slider makes nice :)
Sliders instead of knobs :)
= :) :) :)
thanx you sir!
Awkward Moments Coffee

It seems like a lot of people really like this, but also a lot of people are getting the annoying crashing. I need to fix this then. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Wow, how strange... I'm always the one that makes plugs crash but I can't get this one to in FL 6.

I live in a teepee made of alpaca socks.

great synth!
HP Peter Swimm

hey gregjazz, what's the status on this badlad? you have got to finish it! i'll help you if you want, do you need any graphics or backrubs or frozen cokes?

i love the adlib, please please please...

dont make me beg! :D

Return to “Instruments”