Released as donationware: "Christortion"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I just edit this post to inform you, that the plugin is now released as donationware. You can still use it and share it for free, but I would be very happy if you donate some money.

The money will be 1/3 for the author and future updates, 1/3 for street children in Rio de Janeiro and 1/3 for the rainforrest.

Here is a screenshot and a brief description about the plugin:

The plug-in simply excites the harmonics of the input signal. It is also possible to invert the phase of each harmonic. This concept guarantees a very surgical control over the distortion produced.

The link is: http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/ ... ortion.zip (zipped DLL+manual)

Have fun,

Christian
Last edited by Christian Budde on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

That's a pretty nifty effect, i'd find it quite useful for drums amongst other things. :tu: As for not being optimised, it doesn't even tickle the cpu (and mines is only a 1.7ghz), so dunno what else could be done to lessen no impact. :P

Reverse Engineer wrote:That's a pretty nifty effect, i'd find it quite useful for drums amongst other things. :tu: As for not being optimised, it doesn't even tickle the cpu (and mines is only a 1.7ghz), so dunno what else could be done to lessen no impact. :P
The oversampler is optimized though. But the harmonic excitation is only optimized within the high level programming language. The polynom equations used within this plugins can be calculated using SSE2. This would mean a speedup of up to factor 2, if only I had more time...

Christian

P.S.: The plug calculates 16 Multiplications, 16 Additions per sample for the effect and another 8 Multiplication and 16 Additions for the oversampler (per sample). That'll be 44100*32 = 1.411.200 Additions and 44100*32 = 1.058.400 Multiplications per second. That's basically already low for modern computers.
Last edited by Christian Budde on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christian Budde wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:That's a pretty nifty effect, i'd find it quite useful for drums amongst other things. :tu: As for not being optimised, it doesn't even tickle the cpu (and mines is only a 1.7ghz), so dunno what else could be done to lessen no impact. :P
The oversampler is optimized though. But the harmonic excitation is only optimized within the high level programming language. The polynom equations used within this plugins can be calculated using SSE2. This would mean a speedup of up to factor 2, if only I had more time...

Christian
I'm dumb, dunno what that means, but yeah, cool, nice plug anyway :tu: :P

The polynom equations used within this plugins
wow, seems I have to check that plugin out!

:hihi:

Thank you!

Reverse Engineer wrote:That's a pretty nifty effect, i'd find it quite useful for drums amongst other things. :tu:
There are several records out there, where you can hear discrete harmonics especially to spice up the drums. It might be useful on the bass as well.
While I've been in Rio de Janeiro I visited several bars/discos with bad equipment. Everything was overdriven more or less and with that the harmonics were excited. But dancing was quite hot...

Christian

Christian Budde wrote:While I've been in Rio de Janeiro I visited several bars/discos with bad equipment. Everything was overdriven more or less and with that the harmonics were excited. But dancing was quite hot...

Christian
If you release this one with presets:
1st preset="Hot Night In Rio" :love:

thank you again Christian :)

PS, get this mans EQ if you can afford it http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php?id=3

:love:

Subz

Christian Budde wrote:nor does it have a nice GUI
Not true!!!!

Nice sounding distortion!

It's easy to get different sounds,

With Midi one can control the amount of the Phasing instead of On/Off

indeed, a very nice nice plugin. Very generous of you Christian :D
the GUI doesn't respond to automated changes, but that is a minor inconvenience

That's a very cool plugin! Thanks :tu:

Bump for a nice little plug. Some minor GUI bugs but capable of some very nice sounds.

Thanks

Thanks!!! I'm going to check it out right now! :D

Return to “Effects”