The bar for idiocy's been raised...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
fanfarecircuit wrote: yeah, the guy is definitely not cool to use cracked stuff, if that's what he's doing.
Its provably what he's doing.

but, i'd not go on another forum and call him an idiot.
I would.
he's concerned about ni's ability to monitor his computer.
Nope; he's complaining about being asked to remove his pirated software. And his computer isnt being 'monitored', it was scanned by one NI application for other NI applications, so it could update them.
to check him out is, sort of, an invasion of privacy.
No, not at at all. His 'privacy' was not affected in any way.
come on...love, man. :lol:
second my emotion... :D

fanfarecircuit wrote:
ew wrote:From the KORE forum this morning...

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... hp?t=37820

:roll:

(Marius inserted his reply after I'd locked the thread...)

ew
interesting...
yeah, the guy is definitely not cool to use cracked stuff, if that's what he's doing.
but, i'd not go on another forum and call him an idiot. he's concerned about ni's ability to monitor his computer. to check him out is, sort of, an invasion of privacy. i think about this issue quite alot from both perspectives and i do find the guilty until proven innocent copy protection most big companies use fundimentally wrong. filesharing at a mass level and pirated software pose a major problem for companies, true. but i think an even larger problem is setting a precident to monitor people and their personal computers. this is scary stuff and we've only just begun. i think educating people about supporting developers and development in an honest way and giving insentives to buy like tutorial dvds, sample discs, t-shirts, club memberships...anything...this is the best copy protection option. for years people could make cassette copies of albums, but EVERYONE knew it wasn't as good as the real thing on a sonic level as well as a packaging and social engagement level...
The only thing the Service Center does is check for NI apps... I don't think that's BigBrotherish at all. That's just a company protecting itself.

As to me calling him out on another forum- all I can say in response to that is check his profile and run through his posts. As hot and heavy as that forum gets, he's the ONLY member whose posts I've been driven to edit. 'Nuff said...

ew
A spectral heretic...

He even made me hulk out on him once :-o :shock: :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:He even made me hulk out on him once :-o :shock: :hihi:
True- my jaw dropped when that happened. I was thinking "Wow, you even managed to piss aMUSEd off :shock: "

ew
A spectral heretic...

Just for a second :oops:

Reverse Engineer wrote:I wish i could register my NI Session i got with CM...i forgot what email addy i registered it with intially and that's locked me out altogether :cry:
Hehe I do that all the time with stuff (well, never anything audio-related - it's too important).

You know someone's a dumb-ass when ew of all people is talking trash.

This post made me look things up in NI land.

There's some asshole there screaming loudly that he actually wants iLok dongle with his product :roll:

I sure hope NI issue refunds if he gets his way and NI products gets dongled; as much as I like GPO I want no part of this.

And to the OP, yeah, this Sinmad guy is an idiot...but streets are full of idiots like that.
Last edited by bullshark on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, that wasn't me.

I've heard I might find KORE for a nice price over here !? :lol: :hihi:

BTW somebody knows how to get the coffee off my monitor screen; laughing and drinking at the same time is no fun !!! :wink: (this was a retorical question)

Funny Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

bullshark wrote:This post made me look things up in NI land.

There's some asshole there screaming loudly that he actually wants iLok dongle with his product :roll:

I sure hope NI issue refunds if he gets his way and NI products gets dongled; as much as I like GPO I want no part of this.
There's a couple who want iLoks... :?

I find it amusing- when Reaktor 3 came out with a dongle, you had all these people screaming "Get rid of the dongle". When R4 came out with the C/R that's in place today, the VERY SAME people screamed "I want a dongle"... :roll:

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:

I find it amusing- when Reaktor 3 came out with a dongle, you had all these people screaming "Get rid of the dongle". When R4 came out with the C/R that's in place today, the VERY SAME people screamed "I want a dongle"... :roll:

ew
any chance that ni will use love as copy protection in the future? :lol:

this is hilarious...you know what...i'm an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's 11:30 am where i'm at...i'm gonna get drunk. :P

would you like a dongle with your burger?

who made up the name, dongle?
that person is an idiot :hihi:

Before this one, I first covered my screens... :D

Didn't Chuck Berry made a song called : "My dongleling" ? :lol:

How many silly jokes must I make up, before I get my cheap KORE ? :lol:

Max Dongle... .. . :P
Last edited by Max el Belga on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpo diem ergo sum !

ew wrote:

ew
That doesn't surprise me one bit. What bothers me thought, is that I went and bought a product license knowing full well what I was getting into; I read and knew about all the licensing terms, the copy protection scheme it used etc.

If they want to change any of that at a latter date, they should have to ask licensees if they agree or not and if they don't, at the very least offer them options (which should include refunds) to opt out of the license.

But we're not there yet, so I'll just keep enjoying GPO and hope those idiots finally stop their useless yapping.
No, that wasn't me.

fanfarecircuit wrote:would you like a dongle with your burger?

Lance Bass, is that you?

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
fanfarecircuit wrote:would you like a dongle with your burger?

Lance Bass, is that you?
who's lance bass...
furthermore, i would like to announce a hijacking of this thread.
keep your dongles in your pockets. :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”