The bar for idiocy's been raised...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What should happen is companies should recieve a copy of your dna iris scan and fingerprint. Then they should send a reader out with everydemo as to validate your humanity(whoops)validity.. This would probably solve a lot of these problems.

C

her name is chirpy!
♫♪♫♫♪♫

Lollers :D

That might be the solution, but lets not kid about it, cause this can very well be the situation in the future, if microsoft gets it's way.. :/
Say YES to OpenSource Software!!

Lagrange wrote:What should happen is companies should recieve a copy of your dna iris scan and fingerprint. Then they should send a reader out with everydemo as to validate your humanity(whoops)validity.. This would probably solve a lot of these problems.

C
yeah i'm kinda for the internal dongle myself... :help:

KORE FAQ wrote:Yes. KORE can host any Audio Unit or VST plug-in and can itself be loaded as a plug-in via RTAS, VST, Audio Units or DXi

hmm...if it can already load ALL VSTS (according to faq) then why would it have to 'update' the NI plugs, or scan for them for that matter...to me, that DOES sound like an invasion of [computer] privacy. also, maybe it's just coincidental, but there's nothing in the faq about the 'need' to scan and 'update' NI plugs.

im not for theivery, but im also not for sleght of hand tactics in a futile attempt to cut down on piracy.:roll:

i believe that the best copy protection is the un-crackable kind--true incentive (as mentioned earlier: free tutorials, sounds/samples...or maybe a controller (i.e. guitar rig's pedal).

ni wont be scanning my hd just because i bought one product :uhuhuh: [/quote]
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

AllenPOPO wrote:
KORE FAQ wrote:Yes. KORE can host any Audio Unit or VST plug-in and can itself be loaded as a plug-in via RTAS, VST, Audio Units or DXi

hmm...if it can already load ALL VSTS (according to faq) then why would it have to 'update' the NI plugs, or scan for them for that matter...to me, that DOES sound like an invasion of [computer] privacy. also, maybe it's just coincidental, but there's nothing in the faq about the 'need' to scan and 'update' NI plugs.

im not for theivery, but im also not for sleght of hand tactics in a futile attempt to cut down on piracy.:roll:

i believe that the best copy protection is the un-crackable kind--true incentive (as mentioned earlier: free tutorials, sounds/samples...or maybe a controller (i.e. guitar rig's pedal).

ni wont be scanning my hd just because i bought one product :uhuhuh:
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Steps like that is a piracy preventer.
Say YES to OpenSource Software!!

Its not KORE doing this - its the new Service centre app that is the replacement for the old method of registering NI products. AFAIK it doesn't scan your HD, it just serves as a central place for all your registrations so you can activate them all at once instead of having to do it one by one and keep them up to date so naturally it contains all the serials and authorisations of NI products (probably these are kept in the registry somewhere). What is wrong with that? Its not spying on anyone but if you're stupid enough to send NI a list of all your product serials including warez ones then you're asking for it - looks like he's been lucky to get a polite request to desist - they could have done worse.

aMUSEd wrote:Its not KORE doing this - its the new Service centre app that is the replacement for the old method of registering NI products. AFAIK it doesn't scan your HD, it just serves as a central place for all your registrations so you can activate them all at once instead of having to do it one by one and keep them up to date so naturally it contains all the serials and authorisations of NI products (probably these are kept in the registry somewhere). What is wrong with that? Its not spying on anyone but if you're stupid enough to send NI a list of all your product serials including warez ones then you're asking for it - looks like he's been lucky to get a polite request to desist - they could have done worse.

well when put like that it makes much more sense for me, someone on the outside looking in ;) i think core is a very cool product and i wish i coould own one (i've been bangin this cool chick wit a nice job, perhaps a long shot christmas present :D ) i kind feel like i lashed and got all emo, i apologize...and for the record the guy WAS kinda silly for that, very very rude even...

fanfarecircuit wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
fanfarecircuit wrote:ew, would you reopen that ni forum thread. i feel it is my mission to spread the love to all forums and all the little people out there in digital land. idiocy will not stand in my way. :hihi:
you are an asshole...
oh sorry...didn't mean to step on your toes, jesus. :hihi:
that was rude of me...i should have said "you are being an asshole", i don't even know you...

maybe you are just having some fun today, everybody is allowed a bit of room i suppose....

bw: feel free to step on my toes, but i really don't need another judas....

AllenPOPO wrote:...i've been bangin this cool chick...
3*s wrote:Image
her name is chirpy!
AllenPOPO, you're sick! :x Quick, someone call PETA on this scumbag!!!

Poor, poor Chirpy!!! :(

Yagushi wrote:
AllenPOPO wrote:...i've been bangin this cool chick...
3*s wrote:Image
her name is chirpy!
AllenPOPO, you're sick! :x Quick, someone call PETA on this scumbag!!!

Poor, poor Chirpy!!! :(

hahahaha i stopped bangin those chiks a long time ago...they would never buy me kore...

okay, just wanted to say my piece...

I love NI. I spent the $1300 or $1500 canadian or whatever it was to buy NI Komplete 3 and I love it. It's excellent. But...

before I had Komplete, all i had was Reaktor 4 and Battery. Now, they had a copy of reaktor 3 at the univeristy i did my undergrad at and I made a bunch of files on their computers for this class i took. Also, I bought this Reaktor how-to type book from wizoo (by len sasso i think) that came with a bunch of Reaktor 3 files on an included CD-rom. Anyways, one day I decided that I wanted to open some of the files from the Reaktor 3 CD-Rom in my newly purchased Reaktor 4, I was told you couldn't do so unless you had the Reaktor 3 dongle. Now how lame is this. I bought a legit version of their software but I needed to use the dongle from the previous version to be able to read files made with the previous version? This was the most inane piss off ever and after that, I realized that NI are simply nuts. No other program that I know about goes to such super restrictive copy protection lengths for no reason. I BOUGHT THE DAMN PROGRAM so I deserve to have access to files made with any previous version. doesn't this seem like common sense. Also, now that everyone has tossed their old dongles, I can't seem to find a way to convert my old files. NI, sometimes I wonder if you're just trying to piss people off. hasn't anyone ever told you that crap like this just angers would-be buyers and encourages piracy?

anyways, reaktor 5 is great though and by the way, i have never used warez (because i'm sure some douche bag is going to start accusing everyone on this thread of being a thief

I slept a night over it and my conclusion is : NI crossed the line !
They make VERY good stuff, but nobody may sniff in my privacy without explicite asking to.

IMO it is easy to predict that if they don't change that policy, this might be the beginning of the fall of the roman empire... :shock:

I'd rather would like to see them go on making wonderful software !

Max Predictor... .. . :cry:
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote: IMO it is easy to predict that if they don't change that policy, this might be the beginning of the fall of the roman empire...
Yeah, it probably went like this:

Maximus: "Hey, Quartermaster Marjus, I want my new armour"
Markus: "Hi Maximus. Well, I got this new armour for for you. But you'll have to get rid of that sword."
Maximus: "How do you know Ive got a sword?"
Markus: "Well, when you asked for your new new armour, the armourer saw it in your hand"
Maximus: "What the fuckus is the armourer doin lookin' at my sword?"
Markus: "Well, he's the armourer, right? So he was sizing you up for new armour and saw it, and it its not regulation, right? Nicked it off a Nubian did yer? Sorry, yer gotta use a proper Roman sword"
Maximus: "You bastardus. You've got no right to look at my sword. Now gimme my new armour"
Markus: "Sorry, we can't give you new armour while you're carrying that sword"
Maximus: "You've got NO RIGHT to talk about my sword. My sword is NONE of your business. Give me my new armour"
Markus: "Look, you dipshitius; Im the quartermaster, and you aint getting any new armour while you're carrying that sword"
Maximus: "I paid 300 denari for my armour, so gimme the new stuff"
Markus: "Sure. As soon as you turn up with a regulation sword, like everyone else"
Maximus: "Stop talking about my sword. I want my new armour... "
Rampaging Visgoth: Snicker.... <whack>
Maximus: "Oops. That was my arm. I think Im dea....."

<Rome falls....>
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”