Pads and Textures???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another word, Dr.Wu:

Sophistry from LinPlug (Mac & PC)...

Frank

:hihi:
Last edited by Xenox.AFL on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Would be cool if people could post links to some sound clips of these puppies :)

gk_nz wrote:Would be cool if people could post links to some sound clips of these puppies :)
No problem, i can post a lot of mp3 Demos but there are some threads about Sophistry related Tracks on KVR so I will post them... You can find ofcourse some on the Webside from LinPlug and here, some tunes are really amazing like this one from Marco Lehmann and this one from Dominik Popinski, booth were Beta tester and Musicans for Sophistry...! You can hear in these Demos that Sophistry is not only an Ambient Synthie, it can do more, a lot of more...!

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I have to agree with Dr.Wu..Atmosphere.
demo's are here:
http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrument ... demos.html

a few other synths that are good for ambiences and textures that havent been mentioned yet:

absynth
rhino
WNadditive
dopplemangler
vertigo
octopus
STS-24
reaktor
kontakt
...and anything that will play a sample back very slowly, then run it through effects.

...Intelligent Machinery Drone Structures - available here:

http://www.nucleus-soundlab.com/dronestructures.htm

For a Mac?

Absynth
Reaktor
FM7
Tera
Cube
MX4
Crystal
Cameleon
Zebra
Atmosphere
Xphraze
Prophet V
Kontakt

ew
A spectral heretic...

omg, Paulstretch is really insane, thanks for that info!

Sonik Synth 2 has tons of... uh... "atmospheric" pads. :hihi:

-Kim.

Virsyn Cube is great for pads: resynthesis, 4 sound sources that can be morphed (not blended!) with multistage envelopes. And it's endless fun using that machine :D
Cheers,
Andreas

Absynth.

Zebra 2 absolutely!

Dowload the demo, there's lots of excellent presets in that vein so you can quickly get an idea of what it can do (there are presets folders for pads and textures).
And do try out the X/Y controls especially on the "tas" presets.

ugo wrote: STS-24
...and anything that will play a sample back very slowly, then run it through effects.
STS-24 recently has been updated to STS-26 & is even better than the previous version :)

Something I like to do and will throw out: Take the sound of a bell or tone-rich drum sample in an audio editor. Lop off the attack of it, and copy+paste the body of the sample at the beginning of the remaining sample, reversing the part you just pasted, giving the sample a partially pad-like envelope. Time-stretch the bejebus out of it, making it something silly like 6-12 second long. Open this sample in your host, and compress it to give it a bit of a flatter envelope. Maybe use a limiter with a harder setting so it might overdrive a bit for character. Add a bit off detuning chorus and/or dubby delays for ambience, and layer.

The Chase wrote:Something I like to do and will throw out: Take the sound of a bell or tone-rich drum sample in an audio editor. Lop off the attack of it, and copy+paste the body of the sample at the beginning of the remaining sample, reversing the part you just pasted, giving the sample a partially pad-like envelope. Time-stretch the bejebus out of it, making it something silly like 6-12 second long. Open this sample in your host, and compress it to give it a bit of a flatter envelope. Maybe use a limiter with a harder setting so it might overdrive a bit for character. Add a bit off detuning chorus and/or dubby delays for ambience, and layer.
So that's how you did the intro for Regula1 :D

Will have to try that later, thanks for sharing :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”