Back From The Dead... Something Old For New People

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If Marshall McLuhan was brought back from the dead, put into a small radio station with Zest, and have people around the world tune in live via WinAmp or Itunes.... Would he make a sound?

Yes indeed folks, I shall be keeping warm at the 1 Watt Blowtorch this coming Friday. And will divulge my hesitance in detail about with holding this CD's release. I know my bro Tolga, and my other good friends here are getting super-pissed about not even getting a promo copy yet... But I hope I can explain on Friday well enough to be partially understood at least. (Hell, I'd like to understand it myself as well! ;) )

It's definately not my man Tolga's or the awesome Xanders talents therin on the CD, I want to make that PERFECTLY clear! But I think - I hope, when people tune in on Friday and hear Geopoliticking's continuity... Okay, let's see if I can put it this way - there's the book/movie 'In Cold Blood', right. Capote and Blake stunned America by capitalising and characterising real horrendous uncontrollable killers for a mass audience. Then came Burgess and Kubricks 'A Clockwork Orange' (As everyone reading this says 'Ahhh, that was a COOL book and/or movie!') So like the reservations Burgess had about Kubrick's movie version, and the ethical morays Kubrick had about fully releasing his movie in England for over 20 years... That's kinda what I'm facing with my Geopoliticking CD currently. It's a heavy listen folks, and not sure how 'cool' it's going to be afterwards? Whatever you may think about Geopoliticking... You're wrong. If you plan to watch The Meaning Of Life as Type O Dong missiles come over the California coastline, I'll send you my new CD if you survive. ;)

I'm ashamed that The Dixie Chicks captialise 99% more than their antagonists using constitutional free speech.... (In the voice of The Joker) Wait till they get a load of me! ---- woooo... wooooo. :lol:

Hello everyone !!!!

Thanks for the great responses here !!!!

Here is the complete segment of Steven West's appearence on the ZEST RADIO SHOW on Saturday November 18 2006, provided in two parts.

Steven, as a guest on the show was absolutely fantastic !!!!

We played all 13 tracks from the album, Geopoliticking, and engaged in great discussions about the creative dynamics and themes of each and every song !!!!

Just to let you know, Steven edited this interview, and, even has graciously replaced all 13 songs with 128kbs MP3's in these recordings.

You shall hear during the broadcast, the interaction that took place between members of the artistic community that gave their questions, views, and even artwork toward the show about Steven's album Geopoliticking !!!!

Thank you to Steven and my co-hosts, Molegirl and The Source for making my job easy !!!!

This is one hec of a show... please check it out when you have the chance.

Cheers,

ZEST

P.S. Here's the links to retrieve the files.

Part 1. 49.6 MB

www.yousendit.com/download/k4xxUXMcp3l5TA%3D%3D

STEVEN WEST INTERVIEW
PART 1
ZRS NOV. 18 2006
GEOPOLITICKING

Part 2. 63.0 MB

www.yousendit.com/download/k4x8cVOMQa95TA%3D%3D

STEVEN WEST INTERVIEW
PART 2
ZRS NOV. 18 2006
GEOPOLITICKING
Last edited by ZEST on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wow, Steven West, great to see you again as always! How ya been, man?

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

To the interested parties reading this thread, and, the good people of KVR,

I must apologise for one indiscretion about my previous posting. I did state that the recorded interview included all 13 songs being replaced by Steven during his editing of the segment.

However, due to reasons that only Steven must know about, the song, Gimme Shelter is not included in these recordings. I should state however, that the full discussions about, Gimme Shelter are in the recording. And, we discuss the advent of SOCAN www.socan.ca being involved in some situation regarding the release of this song by Steven on his album, Geopoliticking.

I assure you, even though the song is missing from the recording, the reasons, and artist's involvement, and technical discussion is fully intact.

Hopefully Steven can enlighten us as to why he elected to not include the song in this edited version of the segmet.

Take care all, and, if you have downloaded and listened to this segment, any and all comments, or, input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

ZEST

Alright, alright... It's a bit of a two fold strategy. A; Hopefully it intrigues people to buy the CD if they liked the style of the other songs heard (though Gimme Shelter is quite different, as the rest are as well ;) )
And B; (Surprising Zest didn't catch the promo oppurtunity for this his own self...) You CAN hear it at the end of my first interview on the Expose Electronica series.

So in keeping with the 'Something Old For New People' theme... One has to be a patient archeoligist to dig up the really old songs. ;) My apologies to Zest and all that anticipated hearing it in it's proper context... I was just being famously difficult yet again. :ud:

Doing well Sickle, good to see you again my friend. Tolga and I have been in talks as well, so everyone be braced for some new and different music yet again! :tu:

Hey Steven,

Thank you for that introspect regarding the missing song from the edited version of the segment. Actually, I have learned to be difficult also, from the master of difficult.

It would seem that you fell into my trap, :wink: and have opened up the floodgates for the presentation of our previous interview, that does, yes, include, Gimme Shelter !!!!

So I suppose for those that want to find out more in depth value about your musical creations Steven, it may prove prudent to give the people more of what they want !!!!

Thank you again Steven for all the great music and information you selflessly give through these interviews.

Here goes....

The Paul D. Richmond Interviews Composer Steven West
25 Years Of Sound And Music EXPOSE ELECTRONICA interview
can now be found at the following link for your listening pleasure !!!!

www.mixposure.com/AudioInt.php

After listening to the interview, you may comment on this thread;
www.mixposure.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7877

All feedback is appreciated !!!!

Cheers,

Paul D. Richmond / ZEST

If you want to listen to the interview now, please click on the words below !!!!

EXPOSE ELECTRONICA PAUL D. RICHMOND INTERVIEWS STEVEN WEST 25 YEARS OF SOUND AND MUSIC

Return to “Music Cafe”