no link

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:-o
Last edited by wavephonic on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this a lot :tu:

Nice mix as well loads of space in the mix (no pun).

Good effort if maybe a little light in the bass at least on my system
Athlon 3800+ x2, 1 gig ram, 200gb SATA
Terratec 24/96 sound card, ATI all-in-wonder x600 graphics card, Windows XP Home SP2, Steinberg Cubase SX2, Reason 2.5

Great track, but it seems you only want to hear about the mix, and since i'm listening through headphones i can't help, so bye. :P

stevieb19 wrote: Good effort if maybe a little light in the bass at least on my system
thanks man,
ya, I need the bass to really ploud

suggestion noted

Reverse Engineer wrote:Great track, but it seems you only want to hear about the mix, and since i'm listening through headphones i can't help, so bye. :P
didn't mean that, sorry Engineer

mix suggestions from other headphones needed also,
I'm using Sony MDR V600, useable but not great,
someone else is mastering anyway

appreciate the spin

wavephonic wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:Great track, but it seems you only want to hear about the mix, and since i'm listening through headphones i can't help, so bye. :P
didn't mean that, sorry Engineer

mix suggestions from other headphones needed also,
I'm using Sony MDR V600, useable but not great,
someone else is mastering anyway

appreciate the spin
Lol, i was just being snipey, not serious. :P

Well, i'm using sony mdrv-150's (the 'no budget' version of yours :P ) and it sounded fine. The positioning of the sounds etc worked well, so basically all it wants is the polishing it'll be getting anyway. :tu:

nik will want the art,

:o Oh my, what's that in your studio? Expolosives? Careful buddy!

Really enjoying it (though it's midday now here, it 'd be better suited for late night sessions). Dig that space atmosphere and those sparse percussive bits.

Mix sound ok both in my Beyer DT770 cans and BX5 monitors. The opening pulse (heartbeat like) sound has enough balls but a few subs more wouldnt hurt esp. for those with a good low end reproduction systems.

One comment only: highs are a bit cold for my taste (not harsh though). Have you tried latest Kingston's plugin? Could be what those highs need.

Glad I see you've been productive during those months of absence. 8)
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

zeoy wrote::o Oh my, what's that in your studio? Expolosives? Careful buddy!
thats an old pic, the room was mercifully sucked into the black hole :) good...I got a new room outta the deal
zeoy wrote: The opening pulse (heartbeat like) sound has enough balls but a few subs more wouldnt hurt esp. for those with a good low end reproduction systems.
highs are a bit cold for my taste (not harsh though).
exactly!! all will be fixed next week, one more pass should do it...its close now
talk at ya soon

The eerie low-end is great, the high end being "cold" is the result of whatever lovely fx are on the drums, which I really like. When you have a nice layered depth of field like this it'll often sound less "glued" than something that's been processed through analog warmth plugs - it's a trade-off. A very strange track with a unique feel to it - I like it, wavephonic.

thats really rather nice, some great sounds and a nice arrangement, it is possible a little bass light and treble happy, but if anything i think that works with the style.

:D

steve.

runagate wrote:The eerie low-end is great, the high end being "cold" is the result of whatever lovely fx are on the drums, which I really like. When you have a nice layered depth of field like this it'll often sound less "glued" than something that's been processed through analog warmth plugs - it's a trade-off. A very strange track with a unique feel to it - I like it, wavephonic.
appreciate you stoppin in runagate, cool ya like it
I use a pocket warmer in the winter thats about it
Last edited by wavephonic on Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi steve, haven't seen ya for awhile,
ya I think a little smoothing on the highs and a pinch more on the bottom end does it,

thanks

Ed

Great track Ed! Enjoyed the sound selection, the build up and back down. The voice samples (is that what I'm hearing?) were very cool!
Image Image

:)
(voice samples)cheap mic, screaming kids in the playground, thought it be cool to have this stuff bouncing around satellites
Last edited by wavephonic on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”