Win32 vs. .NET development

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By the way, for the person asking to see an impressive .NET application, take a look at:
I think it's actually the one I've tried, and that made me think .NET wasn't much impressive :)

So what about the rumors of .NET slowly fading out win32? If what you say about latency is true, it's not gonna happen, is it?

tony tony chopper wrote: So what about the rumors of .NET slowly fading out win32? If what you say about latency is true, it's not gonna happen, is it?
I don't think win32 is going anywhere (or to put it another way there will always be a non .NET way of accessing Windows APIs). However, the bundled FCL that comes with .NET is in most cases a much easier way for developers to access the Windows APIs, and to write apps that by default will comply with many security, usability, accessibility & localization guidelines etc.

I read a few articles by journalists expressing surprise that Windows Vista wasn't written entirely in .NET, as though this was some big failure for MS, but in reality it was a complete failure on the part of those writers to understand what .NET is intended for.

sounds good enough

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”