Delphi ASIO & VST sourceforge project

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the DelphiASIOVST-v1.3 package, and attempted to build the sample “Delaya” plugin under Delphi 11.2 to a 64-bit target.
• First problem is DVACommon.pas at line 292 (function f_ArcTan2), where the assembler doesn’t appear compatible with 64-bit. I was able to push through that by adding PUREPASCAL to the project’s conditional defines.
• That led to an error in DVSTCustomModule.pas, line 878 (function HostCallGetSpeakerArrangement), where it didn’t like casting an integer to PVstSpeakerArrangement. I attempted to fix that by changing the line to Value := 0;
• Next I found what looks like a typo in DVSTModuleWithDsp.pas, line 80, importing DAVDBufferMathPascal. That was easily fixed.
• Finally we had DVSTModule.pas, line 123 (procedure TVSTModule.Create), where OldCreateOrder doesn’t appear to be declared. I commented that out.
After all that, we got a successful 64-bit build, and I copied the resulting Delay.dll file to my "\Program Files\Common Files\VST2" folder.
When I started a 64-bit version of Audacity, opened plugin manager and hit rescan, it declared that Delaya.dll was incompatible, and had been disabled.
If I attempt to override that, I get a “failed to register: could not load the library” error, and it remains disabled.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”