Crystal - Any News?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Crystal is one of the best free synths. Actuallly, it's one on the best synths free or commercial. But it's now a long time back that it got updated. Does anybody know if the development is continued. Not that I miss many features (well, one thing I miss is microtuning support), just that I am curious.

cheers, akj

i've always wondered why Green Oak stopped at just one instrument - good one as it is.

I believe Glenn works for somebody now.
..what goes around comes around..

Or why did they stop updating it? It's a CPU hog, and it would be AWESOME if they could make it go a little lighter on the CPU. Maybe also improve the GUI a bit.
No complaints on the sound though, totally amazing.

glenn who was green oak went off to work for spectrasonics ...

slainte ;) rob

yes glenn olander works for Spectrasonics! now
so i am sure they won't let him do anything for free now even if he does it during his vacations
but before that he had made a little delay too and some plugins for mac
i will look in my archieve :lol:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Hopefully Glenn is working on an Atmosphere update as we speak...

speaking of crystal ... the link at greenoak for the .sf2 ROM pack is dead ... is it mirrored anywhere ???

slainte :?: rob

the plugin that was for windows was delayifier
but it is not online
and for the rom it is hosted on crystal user group at yahoo
but i can host it if you want
Last edited by Vonbrucken on Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

well, interesting. but even if he now works for spectrasonics now, they don't have anything crystal would be a ompetition to. or do they have plans for a crystal+?

well anyway the more the computer power rise the less crystal will use on cpu
and i just hope it will works under vista

oh no i have found an existing link for delayifier
http://www.greenoak.com/DelayifierWin.zip
though it is not even mentioned on his site
http://www.greenoak.com/vst.html

I remember Glenn stating here somewhere that it wasnt dead, but he would work on it as he had some time.

seems the rom is no more on the yahoo page , strange ...

Glen works for Spectrasonics now. He did Stylus RMX.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Instruments”