Any idea which instrument is causing this error message?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do a search in your plugin folders?

It's a SE module by VSTLine, possibly used in several plugins :shrug:

If you look in the named sub folders that SE instruments create you will find the offending SEP.. You can discount Richman2 though as I know that doesn't use any AF modules

Well, GallStone started life as a joke and probably hasn't been as thoroughly release engineered as the other plugs on your display...

BTW Runagate what an excellent bassline on the 'Unevenly Spread' song on your Myspace page! 8) Also like the sound of the bass, what did you use for that?

DSK Brass uses that module...could be that one.

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

SWTrex wrote:DSK Brass uses that module...could be that one.

SWTrex
I don't have "Galls'Tone" or "muted harp" but, of the rest my search turned up only DSK Brass with that .SEP...

The "muted harp" is xoxo's "pling" which certainly isn't the culprit. It's just driving the FL Peak Controller that drives various parameter automations for Sax-O-Phunk.

Though i now suspect that it's a mustiple instance problem with 3 DSK brasses in one project, now, it certianly doesn't mean anything is wring with that lovely VST... my soundcards have AIDS at the moment so I imagine that is most of the problem. I just don't want ot spend 20 minutes per thingee trying to render them, reloading the project and re-testing to find out

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll just do one DSK Brass at a time now.

I am so drunk from Midget + Runagate party #1 that I shouldn't mess with it now, though.
The real party will be Saturday! And I will post pics.

Thanks, friends.

Barf wrote:BTW Runagate what an excellent bassline on the 'Unevenly Spread' song on your Myspace page! 8) Also like the sound of the bass, what did you use for that?
Thanks, I think bass-first pretty much always.
I don't really play the electric bass, but I love it to death.
And, this may come as a surprise to you but I hear this from people all the time, then the question what is it:

It's FL BooBass, which is a native FL plug, and thus responds to intricate "slide" notation in the piano roll.

I love BooBass, I honestly would never do without FL just because of it (not that there's nothing else great, but BooBass is the only bass player than can/will play my bass parts after all these years :love:)

There's some automated Darkware on the bass, too, and a touch of a pile of amp/speaker sims on there mixed under 30% if I recall correctly.

runagate wrote:
Barf wrote:BTW Runagate what an excellent bassline on the 'Unevenly Spread' song on your Myspace page! 8) Also like the sound of the bass, what did you use for that?
Thanks, I think bass-first pretty much always.
I don't really play the electric bass, but I love it to death.
And, this may come as a surprise to you but I hear this from people all the time, then the question what is it:

It's FL BooBass, which is a native FL plug, and thus responds to intricate "slide" notation in the piano roll.

I love BooBass, I honestly would never do without FL just because of it (not that there's nothing else great, but BooBass is the only bass player than can/will play my bass parts after all these years :love:)

There's some automated Darkware on the bass, too, and a touch of a pile of amp/speaker sims on there mixed under 30% if I recall correctly.
Damn, thats the second time I fell for the 'its not a real bass but BooBass' trick! :lol:

I'm glad :)

The way I play bass, especially coming from the jazz improv & extended technique end of the spectrum, doesn't really make for me learning anything useful on bass because it's so idiosyncratic, and no one else will bother to learn it. Course, live recordings are even better than hand-draw scores on a piano roll, but the piano roll doesn't take a week to learn and 20 takes to nail a part!

Re-loading this song a million times at 10 minutes a piece only to have it crash before it'll render is a pain, too, though.

It's not even my song, it's just a VST cersion of Corea's "La Fiesta" just cuz I want to hear it and show off cool freeware.

Return to “Instruments”