Scratch This Funk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scratch This Funk

Anyone else like this kind of stuff? Got some funky beats for BFD that I could add in? Chord progression suggestions? Thumb poppin'/Slap bass skills? Funk guitar skills?

-Scott

bumped back to first page.

Anyone?

rockstar_not wrote:bumped back to first page.

Anyone?
I may try to make something for you since this is so cool.

It's nice - reminds me of being stoned in 1973 even though that would have burnt up the placenta I was surrounded by.

8)

rhodes are a little strong in the mids, everything is a little strong in the mids. but this is a pretty retro liittle diddy you got.i likes it.it reminds me of a intro to sears's summer sale. :)

Hmm, cool idea... That opening riff is sooo reminiscent of something - old Sky prog-rock albums? - it's on the tip of my tongue - but then it takes off in another direction which is pretty imaginative...

As a sketch it's a cool beginning :D
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

sloworm wrote:rhodes are a little strong in the mids, everything is a little strong in the mids. but this is a pretty retro liittle diddy you got.i likes it.it reminds me of a intro to sears's summer sale. :)
I agree, the mids are probably too high. Right now, there is no proper bass-line, so perhaps that accounts for some of the overage on the mids.

Sears summer sale - interesting. Certainly wasn't my inspiration - actual inspiration was just messing around on Mr. Ray's EP - this is one of the presets I've saved off that I like to haul out now and then just to pretend like I've got the real thing.

Thanks to all for listening.

-Scott

mr rays ep, gotta check it out, the rhodes did sound nice though.

Yeahh, great basic track! ...and what to add? Vocals, runa-noises and some guitar without noodles. (Ya know, what i mean? :wink: ).

mellofunkello
"It dreamed itself along"

I just finished a funk piece collab for the Dec. contest and one thing my collab partner suggested was to tighten the drums. I had a bit of ghosting like you do on your track and lemme tell ya, the suggestion made a HUGE difference.
Tighten the drums and make sure there is little to no (prefereably no) snare ghosting.

Think: Boom... KAK Boom... KAK (in the pocket) and make the hats do the fancy walking.

This is pretty slick man. Very chilled out and melodic, just the way I like it. I think with a proper bassline it could be even better, but nevertheless well done dude.

Return to “Music Cafe”