Incredible female voice !

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bad english language.

A girl, friend of me, has said to me that his sister like sing. OK, why not ?
So, we have tried on Cm an improvisation / adlib.

I think she has an incredible voice !
OK, the notes are not perfect sometimes, but I was "moving" :shock:
No mix, only delay on his voice. It's the first recording.
She sings while I'm playing a SF2 on my keyboard.
It's only a little extract. It's not a song, I say again, It's only an improvisasion. She had never seen an home-studio.
Fantastic for me...
I imagine the result with work.
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com/06tele ... aadlib.mp3

Do you think I'm too enthusiastic ?

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

Well, that's definitely a good voice. There were a couple of bad notes there (by bad, I mean that they were good enough to be corrected with a plugin easily enough I bet), and a bit too much wavering sometimes which is good as long as it's very controlled (which it doesn't sound in this instance). The wavering would not matter at all if there was more happening in the track.

I am trying to be constructive with my negative comments, but you're probably aware of those issues already. My singing (even though I'm a guy so it's a little different anyway) is far worse. And even after all of that, it definitely sounded very good if the situation is as you describe (improvisation, no experience etc.). I imagine it could be made into something quite decent.

Holy shit - that with a bit of work is movie quality!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Not singing though - it's 'tuneful wailing'. And there are more than enough sample disks to do that for you.

How does she put words across?
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Holy shit
Difficult for the french translation :D

No, I'm sure this girl can sing great songs. You must imagine the future.
She must work. OK, it's new age style.
She has the must important, in my opinion : the sound.
And there are more than enough sample disks to do that for you.
I've tried and used all the samplers since 1988 and I'm a singer (I try). I don't know a sampler or a sample who can emulate human solo voice. Same problem for sax, etc...

Now, she must learn and learn. Sing and sing. :)
And it's will be OK.
Holy jewel... :wink:

Daniel

as long as she has a hunger for music and making it, you guys will be great, if she doesn't, then don't work with her.

aside from the already stated 'offs' it sounds great - considering she just improvised and never recorded before then i expect wonderful things could result from working and developing her voice. as sloworm says above, the hunger is important. i love singing, but i'm far from where i want to be, i wish i had started exploring the voice 20 years earlier, but then it's all about temperment - what's her character/attitude like? i knew a girl once who sang with a voice to melt any heart, she could command any jazz standard and make it her own if she wished, she took lessons with an old lady who was opera trained in vienna to develop her range, but i only saw her perform in public twice, though my good fortune was to share a house with her, so i heard her sing everyday. she was very fragile, don't know what she does now, but if she couldn't have made it as an artist no one could.

regards

Don't like it, sorry :roll:

Honestly, I think it's a bit hard to tell about the voice judging from this sample. I mean, which such a big reverb even Bob Dylan sounds like Pavarotti. Seriously, it would be nice to hear the raw recording.

She has a nice voice, but needs to work on hitting the notes right on without sliding up to them. Also, in the beginning when she's switching to her head voice, it could be a smoother transition.

But if she practices and works on her voice and intonation, yes, she could be very great. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Music Cafe”