Synth1 = Nord Lead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kingston wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Kingston wrote:awesome. another synth1 thread.

use the search to land about 400 of them. idiots.
Says volumes about the popularity of Synth1. Dumbass.
I used to have this brilliant gif image on the subject of jumping on bandwagons and people being sheep, but I seem to have misplaced it.

Imagine I posted it here anyway. :hihi:
I've been DRIVING that Bandwagon ever since Synth1 was released. :P

:lol:

found it!

Kingston is on the Synth1 bandwagon!!!

I waited for THAT? :dog:

Teksonik wrote:I waited for THAT? :dog:
:hihi:

Teksonik wrote:Synth 1 is FAR superior
I wouldnt say so at all. Love synth1 though

The Chase wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Synth 1 is FAR superior
I wouldnt say so at all. Love synth1 though
Difference of Opinion of course but my experience with the Nord Lead 2 was far less than impressive. Don't know why anyone would buy one but to each his own. For the record I consider Synth 1 and Discovery to be completely different instruments. Discovery has a sweet smooth sound and Synth1 has a wonderful raw attitude, I love them both for their own character. Try layering a Synth1 and Discovery together-best of both worlds. :D

I really like the glitchier type sounds synth 1 is capable of, they remind me quite a bit of the electribe.
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
-Richard M. Nixon
www.myspace.com/pmf

I really hate Synth1. Maybe it was good for its time, but its extremely obsolete sounding IMHO these days. I really don't think it sounds like a Nord Lead (or ever did for that matter). However, I've been getting some extremely Nord Lead-ish leads outta this lately:

So poop on that overrated @$!$(&%)! Synth1. That's right, poop.

jack, any link to the synth shown on the foto ?

:dog: WHAT THE HELL GAVE YOU THAT IDEA :bang:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

JackDark wrote:I really hate Synth1. Maybe it was good for its time, but its extremely obsolete sounding IMHO these days. I really don't think it sounds like a Nord Lead (or ever did for that matter). However, I've been getting some extremely Nord Lead-ish leads outta this lately:

So poop on that overrated @$!$(&%)! Synth1. That's right, poop.

Ooooh another Synth Edit Turd. :roll:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

: :bang:

Teksonik wrote:In what way has Discovery surpassed Synth 1? :shrug:
well, i said this a thousand times, and here i go again: allthough discovery sounds nice, it doesn't sound like a nordlead.
synth 1 doesn't either, but the main reason why discovery surpassed synth 1 is the morphing.
that was the main advantage, that made the nordlead so famous, and synth 1 hasn't got this feature, which is the most characteristic thing on the nordleads.
however, both of them by far don't sound like a nordlead.
they have their own character, both have their advantages and their weaknesses.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Kingston wrote::lol:

found it!

hear hear! the analog god has spoken again ...
btw:
synth 1 is exactly the result of consequently leaving away what you declare as "analog myth" ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”