NEXUS (the continuing saga Prt II)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey - what gives? Did KVR sudddenly get raided by the Gestapo?

I started this thread, and kept up with the whole thing (up until the last few hours when it suddenly went Poof!), and aside from some normalish type off comments you see in every thread, there was nothing worth totally deleting it.

The deletion of this thread was entirely unwarranted, unexplained, and unwarned. I demand an explanation from whoever did it, as to why, and why in this manner - step forward now and do so.

If there were some offensive post, edit those post - no reason to kill the entire thread.

:x
Last edited by 1-2-Many on Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1-2-Many wrote:Hey - what gives? Did KVR sudddenly get raided by the Gestapo?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

bmanic summed it up nicely:
bmanic wrote:
BONES wrote:I posted it last thing before we had to pack-up the trade show stand yesterday so I didn't get to see even a single response. If it got nasty, I have no problem with individual posts being deleted, but only upon request from an aggrieved party, but to delete a valid discussion topic entirely is totally unacceptable.
The sad thing is, it didn't even get that nasty. Just a lot of negative feedback towards reFX and their policy of censoring and banning their own customers from their forum (for stating opinions and critique on 3rd party forums!).

Oh my.. looks like it's time to take a break from KvR. This censorship/post deletion thing is total bullshit.

- bManic
That seems to be how it is with most of the threads about Nexus/reFX that've been deleted recently. I'd just like to add that it isn't KVR people's fault that reFX has released what seems to be a pretty mediocre rompler and it isn't anyone else's fault that Mr. Kleps acted the way he did.

But ah well, after this post I'm staying out of it.
Mizutaphile.

Agreed,

They keep this up and KVR'll have an uprising on their hands.

Oh no, an uprising on a privately-owned forum where the owners - by default - can run it however they want, something every user agreed to when they signed up. Whatever will they do.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

1-2-Many wrote:Hey - what gives? Did KVR sudddenly get raided by the Gestapo?

:x
:lol:

Not the Gestapo, Homeland Security more like. It's for your own good. You may be carrying a logic bomb in one of your messages without knowing it. You might even be an Al Queda mind control zombie undermining confidence in strategic western vst technology.

@zircon: Lose my, and others, respect for one; and another head to sell their ads to, for two, if it keeps up. :P

The practice of TOTALLY deleting threads, that are at best inane, is completely intolerable - sure lock it off if they feel like it, or even censor those posts which voilate, ITO, the user agreement. But total deletion, with no warning or explanation? C'mon!

is the purpose of this thread to talk about NEXUS (hasn't enough been said already?)
or is it to slag KVR.
Let me know, cause then I'll need to move the thread to the appropriate forum.(site stuff)

Hide... the Gestapo's here.

1-2-Many

Is that weird looking guy your father ?

:(
Last edited by supersub on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

:lol:

I'm not defending KVR or ReFX but this discussion 'ReFX is SELLING skins' is really totally pointless. If they do - so what? Why attack a small company when there are so many big REAL ripoffs out there (not implementing ReFX is one of them!)? How much money does Bush spent a day for his troops to stay in irak?

KVR deleting an entire thread is another story.
Cowbells!

Clearly you guys haven't been on the internet much. Out of about 20-25 forums I've frequented over the years, this is without a doubt one of the LEAST moderated. There are forums I visit where 10 threads get deleted on a daily basis, without a second thought, and if anyone breaks even the slightest rule they are banned immediately. And yet they are still highly populated.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Yeah, so what.

Tell me about it, every time I post a message on www.ges**** MESSAGE DELETET ***
Cowbells!

Return to “Instruments”