Recomend me a vst synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must admit what a synth looks like is very important to me. Im very visual. I had heard rapture was very good for trance so i think il be trying that out for sure. I will download demos of albino, firebird, rhino and zebra 2 as well.

To be honst synth 1 isnt pleasing to my eyes and surge looks real messy.

You should have a go at using z3ta its by rgc audio i think mate. Got a whole world of options on that synth.
Way up all the girls and Way up all the boys

kbomb wrote:You should have a go at using z3ta its by rgc audio i think mate. Got a whole world of options on that synth.
I have actually tried a demo of this and i must admit i just cant get to liking the interface.

Maybe thats just me though

Really struggling to find one i like. Having tried a bunch of dmos. I must admit i can program an analog synth ok but maybe im not quite up to all the more complex synths. They all look very komplex to me. Especially having to change screens all the time.

Wish there wa sucha thing as an easy komplex synth to learn the trade with.

Ive tried Albino 3, Blue, Rapture, Rhino, Z3ta, massive, tera and zebra. Am i just trying to hard here. :S

If you're looking for a pretty interface, check out the Korg Legacy collection. It looks neat.

FM8 is also a slick interface.

I really like Albino 3 and there are hundreds of great presets if you don't want to get too involved. No screen chnaging either. But I've also heard a lot of good things about Zebra lately and it doesvseems a good one to check out as the bell samples from 'pdxindy' prove.

The Kernel wrote:I really like Albino 3 and there are hundreds of great presets if you don't want to get too involved. No screen chnaging either. But I've also heard a lot of good things about Zebra lately and it doesvseems a good one to check out as the bell samples from 'pdxindy' prove.
Downside to both of them is no standalone. I found the dark controllers on zebra look a bit strange to:)

Exhile wrote:
The Kernel wrote:I really like Albino 3 and there are hundreds of great presets if you don't want to get too involved. No screen chnaging either. But I've also heard a lot of good things about Zebra lately and it doesvseems a good one to check out as the bell samples from 'pdxindy' prove.
Downside to both of them is no standalone. I found the dark controllers on zebra look a bit strange to:)

Albino3 is good for pads, and is "smooth" sounding (it has smooth filters). Not very "aggressive", although I'm sure some people think it is.

-Ido

I noticed it was smooth. I need a little more agression in there though

Exhile wrote:I noticed it was smooth. I need a little more agression in there though
I recommend you look at Z3ta+ again... I like it's "aggressive" sound, very good for trance in my opinion. Also, I'm surprised you don't like the interface, I thought it was a pretty easy-to-use and "pretty" interface...

If you want pure "pretty", check out Korg Legacy Collection. Great synths and the UI is marvelous.

In general, I'd also say that NI synths tend to have that "aggressive" side to them. (Except Pro53, I never thought the sound was "cutting"/aggressive).

Yes i liked the sound of massive though that may just be a tad to expensive for me. i dont know why i dont like z3ta. perhaps i just dont undrstand the synthw ell enough

Don't forget to try DiscoDSP Discovery (already mentioned, but you didn't say you tried it).

I currently find myself using, and loving, FM8 alot. The browser really makes it very easy to locate what you need, and the sound kicks some serious butt. Also loving Toxic III, again because of the tone. Great stuff.

I've paid for a ton of synths, and downloaded a bunch of freebies as well. But if I was really going to just recommend 1 to do the job, I have to say that I would go with one that I currently DO NOT OWN: Zebra 2.

I downloaded the demo last week, and I must say that I was shocked at how amazing it is. The sheer volume and breadth of sounds is incredible. I don't think that there's much it won't do. The soundbanks are also well organized for workflow, and the GUI is easy on the eyes. I was skeptical at a recent Computer Music 10/10 review, but after checking it out myself, I think they were right on the money. Plus the price won't break the bank.

Next chunk of change that I can free up goes to U-HE.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If you are a student you can get massive pretty cheap.
Do not lick the fablanky

funkadil wrote:If you are a student you can get massive pretty cheap.
which unfortunately i am not

Return to “Instruments”