Talk about out of the loop.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was scanning through the forums here while at work, and as usual, a topic related to the sh-101 came up.

I've known for a while that these things were posh but I finally got the curiosity to see what they looked like.

My jaw dropped, as when I saw the picture, I realized that I own (owned, possibly. read on.) one!

I bought this thing back when I worked at a pawn shop. This was before all pawn shops were tuned into ebay, and I picked it up for like 20 bones.

The sad part is that I lent it to a bandmate, convincing him that it could produce some very nine-inchy sounding patches, and (although I was right) it was more or less just a way to get said bandmate to not bother me as musch to program for his music. I think he knew he was being blown off, and to add insult to injury, thought the sh101 was a POS.

To make a long story end: Now it's 2am here, and I'm soooo tempted to ring him up to see if he still has it.

Serves me right if he doesn't. If there is a web equivalent of slapping me upside the head, please do so NOW.
Atari 1040ste / Master Tracks Pro / Casio VL Tone

sweet!

The SH-101 is wicked. Fat subass and can sound more 303 than the 303 at times.

Ring him up about it.

DUDE! get on the phone! Before I virtua-happy-slap you, and spam your parents house!!!!! :}
fisting the aesthetics of failure

The Chase wrote:sweet!

The SH-101 is wicked. Fat subass and can sound more 303 than the 303 at times.

Ring him up about it.
It does have massive bass. Only hardsynth I own. ANd when that filter screams..... :love:
fisting the aesthetics of failure

Well he still has it. We'll see if the thing still works.

<fingers crossed>
Atari 1040ste / Master Tracks Pro / Casio VL Tone

Return to “Instruments”