I'm dumping my Komplete 4! Am I crazy!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After some long deliberation, I realised that I only use certain pieces of K4, I never knew how high the quality of free synths could be until I came here and found synths like Xhip. Thanks Acidose!!

So I threw my K4 on ebay and will buy just Battery 3. Those drums are absolutely amazing!!! I may get kontact 2, but haven't decided fully yet.

Can't believe I'm doing this!!

I think I'll also consider a synth like Zebra to fill in some gaps. Any other suggestions to make up for the K4 void?

Reaktor + Kontakt + battery = my dream setup.

You're probably only gonna get enough money back to purchase those two VST's (Battery 3, Kontakt 2)... Might as well keep it, cause you'll be in the same place as you started, just with less stuff!

ahja wrote:You're probably only gonna get enough money back to purchase those two VST's (Battery 3, Kontakt 2)... Might as well keep it, cause you'll be in the same place as you started, just with less stuff!
Gotta agree there. Lots of the freebies try to be FM8 or Absynth, or Battery, or Kontakt. But if you dump K4 and buy back Battery 3, Kontakt 2, and FM8, there's a boatload of other stuff you won't have, but you'll still have paid the same price.

I don't think anyone uses 'everything' in the Komplete bundle, but I think that's kind of the point: for about the price of the individual programs that you DO use, you get a bunch of other things to experiment with and get inspired by.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

ahja wrote:You're probably only gonna get enough money back to purchase those two VST's (Battery 3, Kontakt 2)... Might as well keep it, cause you'll be in the same place as you started, just with less stuff!
Gotta agree there. Lots of the freebies try to be FM8 or Absynth, or Battery, or Kontakt. But if you dump K4 and buy back Battery 3, Kontakt 2, and FM8, there's a boatload of other stuff you won't have, but you'll still have paid the same price.

I don't think anyone uses 'everything' in the Komplete bundle, but I think that's kind of the point: for about the price of the individual programs that you DO use, you get a bunch of other things to experiment with and get inspired by.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Instruments”