G-Media at Namm...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dave talks about it on the latest Sonic State podcast... interesting...
They are releasing a String ensemble instrument.

*and* Gmedia universal binaries at Namm...

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=4018
Last edited by beej on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beej wrote:*and* Gmedia universal binaries at Namm...
FINALLY!!!!!

And S.O.B.? :shrug:

No mention of it in this one, so who knows..? :shrug:
There were a number of comments on KVR over the past year saying they would release something before SOB, so I guess this may well be it...

Wow how long has SOB been in development? Seems like a couple of years by now.

I think its only been about two years...it looked pretty finished in that hyped video and that was a year ago...mabey lisencing problems??
The armchair is more than the sum of the bastards

Is it too late for SOB to even be relevant any more?

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

I don't even think SOB is real, it was just a way to get attention. Why would they have a picture of the GUI on their presentation? The thing was obviously no where near completion, so they sure weren't gonna reveal it.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

No name wrote:I don't even think SOB is real, it was just a way to get attention. Why would they have a picture of the GUI on their presentation? The thing was obviously no where near completion, so they sure weren't gonna reveal it.
Yes, i TOTALLY AGREE!!!

BTW, what is SOB?

Supposedly it is an emulation of an Oberheim synthesizer. I'm not totally sure which one though.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

OB8

oh, Thanks!

I don't know if S.O.B. is real or not, but it's such a good name for an OB emulation that it should be.

Is it too late for SOB to even be relevant any more?
Why? Because nobody uses or wants good analogue emulations any more? Because there is no market for analogue emulations any more? Because nobody likes good-sounding synths any more?

...a quick look at the market will tell you it's very relevant. :wink: Especially when you see the huge number of (for example) Synthedit "analogue emulations" that don't sound anything like what they look like, yet are continuously downloaded and popular. When you can count on the fingers of two fingers the number of companies that actually make analogue emulations that really sound like their h/w counterparts (and I don't count Arturia as one of them...)

And...I really don't mind that it takes 2 years + for GMedia to code their synths. At least they release fully working VSTi that do what they say on the box, and sound like they should right from version 1.0. Imposcar v 1.0 has worked on my DAW right from go and never once have I had a problem with it. I think it's the ONLY s/w I've ever bought that works properly at v1.0. I only downloaded the update because it was there. I didn't need it.

Long live companies that take time and care to release functional s/w, no matter how long it takes. (IMO) :P

...and I met Jon...and he doesn't appear to drink half as much as I was led to believe... :hihi:

...mind you - I'm sure I had a bottle of meths last time I looked. Dunno where it got to...

Return to “Instruments”